It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Free Newsletter

stupid stupid me!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

stupid stupid me!

Postby linda » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:08 pm

Hopped on scales today, no change, i have been fluctuating between 90kg and 91 kg for a month now. All afternoon i am thinking this diet thing sucks, i eat like a bird all day and the scales don't move, so thats it no more diet. Had chinese for tea, and tonight had wagon wheels and icecream. Then I watched a diet show on telly and they were talking all about how muscles weighs more than fat, so thats it I get off my backside go and try on a pair of shorts that before christmas i could only get on as far as my thighs, well now i got them all the way up, and my partner says to me you are losing weight I can see it! Bloody scales, I nearly gave up because of them. I would also like to add that this show I was watching said it is really important to build muscle because you burn fat faster even when you are not working out.
linda

Postby Dolly » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:07 am

And that's why they should never call it weight loss, what we're really trying to accomplish is fat loss.

Sometimes people think taking a drug to flush the bowels makes them lose 4 kilo, when all they are really doing is temporarily moving what was stored in their bowels, but as soon as they eat, the food weight is stored where it should be again.

Many things like muscles or drinking fluid will make the scales go up and down.
Focusing on the fat loss as you did is the way to go.
Congratulations on losing some blubber and fitting into those shorts.
Congrats also on sticking with the task at hand and not giving up.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:29 am

Well I have been really trying hard since New Year and the scales haven't budged either! And neither have the clothes cos I tried the pants on again yesterday, no change!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Fairie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:04 am

Our clothes tell us more than the scales. I have just finished taking in my clothes again and I made a couple of pants a little on the snug side so I will be able to see I have lost more when they become loose. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:07 am

Well done Fay!!! :D I bet you feel so proud of yourself for doing that. I know I would. And you wouldn't be able to wipe the grin off my face either!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:13 am

Well done and good on you for "seeing the light" so to speak! It's good when yopu get those little rewards like a compliment or being able to wear outfit X that you haven't worn for ages. Linda, don't worry too much about your little slip up, we all have them and the best and only thing to do is get right back on track. So many people make 1 mistake and suddenly that means the whole thing is off. Imagine what the roads would be like if every time we veered a little off center of the lane we said "oh well, that's it, I failed, I fell off track, I'm going to give up steering now" :shock:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Weight loss Talk