It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Sports

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Sports

Postby local mike » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:07 pm

Do any of you play any sports? I played footy (Aussie Rules) pretty much continuously from the ages of 14 to 21, but these days I'm pretty sick of running around in the cold two nights a week and then once on weekends, haha. I tried to take up footy again a couple of years ago, but I just couldn't get back into the swing of it.

I'd like to take up basketball, but I'm a total hack! I mean, I'm co-ordinated enough to the extent that I can run while dribbling the ball and I can pass and receive the ball as well you'd expect, but that's about it haha. And I'm nowhere near fit enough to keep up with all the back-and-forth running.

I wonder if there's some sort of Z-grade team I could join, hahaha. A team full of tired old fat blokes, that'd be ideal!

If anyone in Melbourne would be interested in organising a unisex basketball team, I'd totally be up for that. Speak up!
I has a jogblog!
When you open a can of whoop-ass, Chuck Norris jumps out.
local mike

Postby loveat116 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:23 pm

I dont live in Melbourne, and you'd hate having me on your team cause i am Sooooooooooooooo bad at basketball!

I have the worst co-ordiantion ever! But its pretty fun just playing casually with friends, it was a hoot in high school.

I play Hockey in the summer though, thats great fun.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby oostevens » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:29 pm

i was very good at athletics in primary school. came 4th in the state for hurdles :P and i did little atheltics. I was always age champion at my school :p but when i got to high school and found i didnt HAVE to do it, i stopped. Grade 8 was the last time i competed.

I did however play volleyball in highschool. I love that sport. I want to play again. I played from yr10-yr12. Not to be up myself, but i got best and fairest every semester :P which was meant to be shared.

If anyone in brissie wants to play volleyball??? please let me know, i would do anything to play again.

Oh i also like soccer :P i was fullback ha ha and i have played netball too, um.....i hate basketball and cricket and touch (playing of course, cos i like cricket in general)

I was pretty good at all sports :p but now i am fat
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby charlimc » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:44 pm

the only sport i used to do was ballroom dancing, i wish i didnt give it up.. now i just dance around with the mop..
Charli x
charlimc

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:45 pm

how about bowls mike? a guy a grade below me at school is one of the national bowls champions- arron sheppard i think his name is.
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:47 pm

oh i used to be a dancer. tap, jazz ballet, classical ballet, acrobatics, singing lessons, used to compete in eistedfords etc. have a whole box of medals ribbons and trophys somewhere- theyre only dust collectors though :roll: would love to get into tap again but am too shy to start up
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:47 pm

well - I used to umpire footy (goal) but I also got sick of standing around drenched, standing in mud up to my ankles. But that's not really a sport.

I did love playing badminton when I lived near the badminton centre, but I'm too far away from it now to ride home, have dinner then go back in and play and come back out and then get up at 6:30 in the morning again.... just doesn't work out time wise.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Bigrik » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:48 pm

I played satelite circut tennis from 16-18, then first grade rugby in sydney, until i broke my ankle for the 4th time and the weight just kept on coming and that was around 4 yrs ago.

But love all sports, love indoor volley ball and playing touch footy
84 Day Challenge
28 Days Down 12.2kgs off
Goal 30kg
Stretch Goal 40kg
Bigrik

Postby sassi » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:40 pm

i played hockey all through school, stopped when i was at uni and then started again a few years ago. i played mixed summer hockey last summer but decided to have a break from the winter comp.

i wouldn't mind playing touch footy though, that looks like fun.
sassi

Postby tamlee » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:11 pm

I used to play hockey and cricket when I was in primary school I really enjoyed hockey.
I started to ride horses when I was 6, I competed with them until I fell pregnant with my second bub in 99. I still have a horse and I do ride but I don't compete anymore.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Postby Schteve » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:21 pm

I play volleyball for my uni, its a great game. Also playing soccer and tennis casually with friends.
Schteve

Postby Chelle » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:23 pm

I use to have to travel alot over the country when I played sport's I was in the rep team for Soccer, Australasian team for football & netball. Basketball & baseball.

I was a bit of an allrounder at sport's I don't do any of it now other than going to the gym & a bit of boxing everynow & then. I ended up quiting playing sport's there was two much travelling involved as I was either playing or training everyday of the week.
Chelle

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:33 pm

team sports are great, gets ya pumped and motivated. I myself use to play basketball which was great [i'm 6"5 :D] but these days i dont play any sport, alot of people say i should play footy but. I'd suggest joinin a club, how are ya on the old road bike? my mate rides 10k's and that with another one of his mates, he loves it, feels like he achives something when he does it. but your in melb while here i'm in shepparton, country roads :P. Apparently Water polo is a great sport. Also a while back at school i played on sports day, team badminton and it go my pumped. if not that try squash. both are great sports
Keep it real
Ledzeppelin2007

Postby Roar2Life » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:39 am

When I was younger I was a marching girl, then I did swimming and at school i've played hockey, newcombe, volleyball, cricket, touch, tennis and basketball. In 2002 I started playing soccer and haven't stopped since. I absolutely love it. I've recently being skiing for the first time and loved it-will definitely be back. The only sport I don't like is golf.
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby oostevens » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:17 pm

hey u live near me! i use to live in morayfield, grew up there hehe
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk