It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:45 pm

Free Newsletter

Sports

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sports

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:59 pm

local mike wrote:Do any of you play any sports? I played footy (Aussie Rules) pretty much continuously from the ages of 14 to 21, but these days I'm pretty sick of running around in the cold two nights a week and then once on weekends, haha. I tried to take up footy again a couple of years ago, but I just couldn't get back into the swing of it.

I'd like to take up basketball, but I'm a total hack! I mean, I'm co-ordinated enough to the extent that I can run while dribbling the ball and I can pass and receive the ball as well you'd expect, but that's about it haha. And I'm nowhere near fit enough to keep up with all the back-and-forth running.

I wonder if there's some sort of Z-grade team I could join, hahaha. A team full of tired old fat blokes, that'd be ideal!

If anyone in Melbourne would be interested in organising a unisex basketball team, I'd totally be up for that. Speak up!

I don't plan any team sports....... but I do sporting activities with groups (cycling club, train with the footballers -just the local team-)

I don't live in Melbourne otherwise I would love to join.

Good luck with getting the team together :D
help6363

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk