It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:55 am

Free Newsletter

Lightbulb moment

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Lightbulb moment

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:44 pm

I was reading a post on the WW forum from a girl who was having trouble sticking to the plan and thinking of packing it in. Without really thinking about it I replied with the following:

"I bet your one of those people who put everyone else first and yourself last.

You have to put yourself first when it comes to your health.

Think of it this way:

We get up and go to work/school because we have to and its part of life.

We do our housework and washing etc because we have to and its a part of life.

We pay bills because we have to and its a part of life.

Think to yourself, I will follow WW and eat healthy and exercise because I have to and its a part of my life.

Don't think of it as optional. Think of it as something you just have to do. Make it a habit, a part of everyday life.

Thats how I look at it now."

After I wrote it I realised that watching my weight and healthy eating is going to always be a part of my life. I think once we realise that, it becomes easier.

So many of us fight and struggle to stick to it and alot of us fail, try again, fail again.....

But life is full of many battles, this is just another one we must soldier on with!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:00 pm

wise words, i have to agree with you weight loss is really adopting a new healthy lifestyle and adapting it to our own lives, tailoring where we need to to fit in with work and social, and leaving our own way of exercise and healthy eating, to improve us mentally and physical for the better. and like once u loss it all and notice the new you, you'll never wanna go back. A mate lost 20kgs and like these days he talks about how disgusting it was carrying all that extra weight and like no one wants to go back to that. it's a journey and when the person gets there she'll have no regrets and hit herself for nearly givin up.
Keep it real

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:16 am

Very true! I'm very fortunate in that I started thinking of my new healthy diet & exercise as a way of life very soon after I started. It makes it so much easier!!! Once you get in that mindset, you're absolutely set for the journey!! People say to me "oh I didn't realise you were on a diet" and I say "I'm not, it's my lifestyle". And they don't quite know what to say!!! Because I've never been someone who whinges about dieting and stuff, I've fully embraced it as my lifestyle. Well done Nikki :D

Return to Weight loss Talk