It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:50 am

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Candice » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:04 pm

How does everyone go about measuring their weight loss???

I find that when I was going to the gym last year I weighed 2 kg's heavier there than at home. It wasnt a nice suprise so I always favoured my scales at home.

Do you guys use digital or the normal scales??

Does anyone measure using a tape measure, say round their waist, and record it??

Just interested to know what my fellow weightloss companions do :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:03 pm

it's always best to use the same method week to week (even if that's a tape measurement and scales, use the same thing each week). Otherwise you get what's called a "rubbery result" where there's a large margin of error and you can't quite tell what's really going on. That way it doesn't matter too much if your scales aren't 100% definitively correct about your objective weight, because what you're after is how much your weight has CHANGED over the week.

I tend to weigh myself on Thursdays as my weekly weigh in and I'm also weighing in on Sundays for the 12 week challenge. I also keep track of how I'm going by how my clothes feel. My once tight jeans are now almost as baggy as my loose ones were, and the loose ones i can get on and off without undoing!!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Dolly » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:20 pm

I use digital scales

I used to always use a tape measure when I was with easy slim, weight watchers and ediets but I don't bother with that anymore.

Postby Fairie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:39 pm

I don't own any scales and get weight at the Sure Slim Clinic once a week and measured once a month.

When I get to goal weight I will buy a some scales so I can keep an eye on my weight as I do not want to put it back on again. :D

Postby Groovychic » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:35 am

I measured myself with the tape measure at the beginning of the month as I know that muscle weighs more than fat. I also use a digital scale but it is only 1/2kg amounts. Which I think is a good thing! I was thinking about it last night that if it had been 100g amounts I would be getting frustrated if it was going up and down a lot. I remeasured myself with the tape measure the other day as I thought maybe my butt had got smaller but it was only 1/2cm less. Everything else was around the same or 1/2cm less which I'm not really counting as maybe I didn't have the tape measure in the exact same spot or the same tightness. Until it says 2cm or more less then I'm not saying that anything has got less. You probably shouldn't really measure yourself as it is hard to get it right but I did and that is why I'm not going to get excited about the 1/2 cms!!! :shock: The other way I gauge my weight is by my clothes. Which is how I really have always done it. Last year I had to start buying size 14 pants as 12 were getting a bit tight around my stomach. Most of my weight unfortunately is on my stomach. I want to lose 10 to 13 kgs and I think 5 of them are on my stomach and another 4 on my butt!!!! Mind you I think the muscles there have got better as when I used to squat for a long period of time doing painting down low or the concreting I would have a really sore butt the next morning but the other morning after concreting not even a tiny bit of pain!!! Now that impressed me!!! :lol:

Keep Smiling!!!

Postby Candice » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:35 pm

Thanks for your replies guys!

Return to Weight loss Talk