It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:47 am

Free Newsletter

Motivation Vs Commitment

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Motivation Vs Commitment

Postby shelbel » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:56 pm

Hello My Lovely Forum Buddies!! :wink:

Im having a bit of problem these last few weeks. Ive been on my weightloss journey for 4 months now and ive lost almost 13 kgs, and thats fab, im pleased with that, and still commited to eventually reaching my goal, i know this wont happen overnight and it takes time, BUT..... lately im really struggling with the motivation side of things. Im too scared to have some time off because i worry i wont be able to pick it up again. I think maybe im also putting too much pressure on myself by saying i want to reach x weight by x date.

But anyway, how do i keep my motivation up? I feel sometimes like i'll never get there as ive been having abit too much junk and only having small losses for a while now, my good habits are slipping slightly too.

So does anyone have advice to offer in way of keeping the weightloss mojo going?? Just for a few more months!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Chin Up..

Postby Bunty » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:24 am

I don't have any magical answers for you.. except to tell you not to give up. It's worth all the hard work to have better health and higher self esteem. I heard a doctor say to a patient one day.. don't give up on the diet.. remember it is a daily battle for some of us!'

I saw some pictures of myself recently that brought a tear to my eye.. how could I have let myself get into this state.

I'll make the effort now and YOU make the effort too..

Best, Bunty
Bunty

Postby help6363 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:13 am

Here's what I do to keep my motivation up......

1. Buy rewards for myself every 5kgs I lose

2. Put a small stone in a jar for everyday I stick to the diet and exercise and when it's full buy a new outfit

3. Just take one day at a time

Hope that is of some help! :D

I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!
help6363

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:54 am

motivation is impossible to keep up all the time. So it's about learning to think about why you are doing it, the benefits, then making a good choice when you're feeling crappy. It's hard, but don't give up on it.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby local mike » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:58 am

Don't take a break from whatever plan you've been following, just ease up on it a little. Do enough to ensure that you're still active, but definitely let yourself ease up a little. That might work! :)
I has a jogblog!
When you open a can of whoop-ass, Chuck Norris jumps out.
local mike

Postby Foreverdieting » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:59 pm

help6363 wrote:Here's what I do to keep my motivation up......

1. Buy rewards for myself every 5kgs I lose

2. Put a small stone in a jar for everyday I stick to the diet and exercise and when it's full buy a new outfit

3. Just take one day at a time

Hope that is of some help! :D

I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!

I love the jar idea!! Am so starting one today (am going to buy the tiniest jar I can find in the market :lol: )
Goli
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wR90Qrh/]
[/url]
Foreverdieting

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:17 pm

Shel I think motivation comes and goes. It can't be there 100% of the time throughout your weight loss process. But commitment has to be 100% to see you through the hard times.

You are committed to losing the weight, maybe don't place so much expectation on achieving weight loss by a certain date as that will make you stress in turn cause you to want to eat all the wrong foodies.

Look at it this way - you are going to look HOT at your reunion wether you weigh 74kgs or 70kgs. Your a beautiful woman and be proud of what you have achieved. Cos I am for you :D

You've done so well so far chickie. You have come so far in 4 months.

Believe in yourself and it will happen.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby shelbel » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:12 pm

Thanks so much for your imput everyone!

Bunty- Sometimes i wish there was some magic answer or word that would put it all into place for us all really! LOL Sometimes for me it is a daily, even per meal battle, but i have to remember the bigger picture of why im doing this. Im not ready to give up the fight just yet! Thank you.

Help6363- Thanks that got me thinking more about my rewards as the ones i set arent really valid anymore as my goal weight changed and i never bothered to update them! I might look at smaller rewards every 2 kgs now and a big one at 5kgs, I used to do a similar thing with the jar (last weightloss round) i would put $5 every kg to spend on new clothes, worked for a while, til my no food rules hoilday! thank you

tegan- your right it is impossible to keep up all the time, maybe i should quit being so hard on myself for not being perfect and admit its ok to struggle sometimes! Thank you

Mike- I know i know it! I gotta chill out a bit!! Thank you

Bella baby- You brought me a 'click' moment! LOL Its not like i wont go to the reunion if i dont weigh under 70kgs, so what the hell am i causing myself undue stress for when it doesnt really matter!!!! Thank you for saying such nice things about me, you have picked me up :D

So new game plan, chill out, keep chugging at it, it will happen when its ready. Ive been overweight for such a long time does it really matter if it takes an extra month or 2 to lose the weight?? NO!!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Fireball » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:44 am

I got hold of a Anthony Robbins cd and that really fired me up again.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Sometimes it's in the music

Postby icanbehottoo » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:36 pm

Music changes moods and lifts motivation,,,if you are doing a gym workout on your own maybe change your music you are using or get something sexy fun and upbeat to listen to on the way to the gym to get your groove going again.
icanbehottoo

Return to Weight loss Talk