It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Depressed scale maniac!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Depressed scale maniac!!

Postby Foreverdieting » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:12 pm

Somebody please kick me!

I am obsessed with my scales ... weigh myself 4 times a day .... can't seem to stop!

I get so depressed on mornings that I weigh even 100 gms more than the previous day .... I then try to eat miniscule breakfast and a soup lunch, and this just doesnt work as I finally end up eating twice as much for dinner! :cry:

Reckon I should hide the scales away?
Goli
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wR90Qrh/]
[/url]
Foreverdieting

Postby Bigrik » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:19 pm

Take them away altogether, give them to a friend or a family member and go over on the weekends to weigh in, also good support network.

Don't just take them away and put them somewhere else in your house, you'll be to tempted
84 Day Challenge
28 Days Down 12.2kgs off
Goal 30kg
Stretch Goal 40kg
Bigrik

Postby sassi » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:22 pm

i agree with Bigrik...get rid of 'em! going by your ticker - you've already come so far...it would be a shame to let the scales detract from all of your hard work. :)
sassi

Postby Foreverdieting » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:17 pm

Thanks guys .. I will put them at my friends place this weekend. The reason I have gone neurotic is cos I dopped to 52kgs and then kind of stopped taking things so hard and before I knew it .. I was 56 kgs!! I keep thinking unless I monitor it everyday, I'd go back to the larger me :(.

But yes, no more scales, they are not helping this cause at all!
Goli
[/url]
Foreverdieting

Postby Chelle » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:46 pm

The best way is weight yourself ONCE a week otherwise yu will go through the motion of being up set because the fluid in your body changes day to day. By the way congrat's on the weightloss so far you don't need to weight your self 4 times a day hun.
Chelle

Postby Foreverdieting » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:58 pm

Thanks Chelle!! love this this forum .. you guys are all so supportive . .wish i knew of this site a few months back ... i dont think i would have put back any weight at all.
Goli
[/url]
Foreverdieting

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:42 pm

hehe i weigh myself several times a day but i need that to try and help me from eating bad foods.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Foreverdieting » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:48 am

I understand u totally yummum .... just that sometimes when it moves backwards ... it can get so depressing :( ... but I suppose its only cos I've done sumthing naughty ...
My obsession started because the first time I put weight on, I never realised I was getting bigger! Silly it may seem, but I wasn't weighing myself and kept telling myself that the clothes are just a weebit tighter and I need new stuff anyway!
Am so scared of that happening again, keep thinbking this time around, if i am constantly watching my weight, I can fix it before I slip too far back!
I guessn its all abt weighing urself a reasonable nunber of times .. like maybe twice a week (I still cant put my scales away ... I have such a deep relationship with them now ... :) ) but need to weight myself lesser for sure
Goli
[/url]
Foreverdieting

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:45 am

I know how they say u would have to eat heaps to gain a kg over night but when i get up and even eat thru the day and when the scale goes up i really watch that i dont over eat and that i exercise. but this might sound silly but if the scale goes up at any point i do much better thru the day in everyway.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:31 pm

I also step on the scales multiple times a day. Normally I am ok with it but it can also lead to me over eating emotionally if I find a big jump in the mornings (when I normally weigh the least). I get very stressed out if I don't check the scales at least daily.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby shelbel » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:28 pm

Vanessa i so know what you mean there!! Im a daily weighter, but i take it with a grain of salt until actual weigh day. But if for some reason i dont weight in in the morning, i spent the day wondering what it would have said!! LOL

So i know most ppl on the forum are so against daily weighing, BUT i do it and over time and much recording i know my bodys flauctations pretty well now, i think it depends on why your doing it, if its to always see if you've lost weight, then its not so good, if its for learning more about your body with its peaks and dips then its ok. But im talking about months of recording here to learn patterns!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Return to Weight loss Talk