It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:04 am

Free Newsletter

ARG!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

ARG!

Postby yummymummy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:08 pm

I weighed myself the other day and Im back up to 75kg, I seem to lack all ability to keep my weight stable its up and down constantly!! and Im fully aware how unhealthy this is for my body and metabolism, but, basically I sux at this weight control thing as soon as I get stressed I eat crazy foods and Ive been stressed alot lately :twisted: :twisted: but thats just an excuse Im a smart girl I know what to eat I just am not eating well at all,
excuse me while I eat the rest of my liqurice allsort show bag and feel sorry for myself :shock: :?
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Ally » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:54 am

Hey Jody....I think most of us have been here matey!! Those who say that losing weight is easy have obviously never tried it!! LOL The important thing is don't give up completely....as you say you are sensible and know what to do in order to lose the weight....I always struggle with "you know what you should be doing Ally", but always seem to manage to slip that extra treat through the cracks somewhere!! Keep going mate, never ever give up as believe me it leads to worse weight gain and that ever-feeling regret.

Have a look on the home page and see if there are any articles on emotional eating that may be a help to you....sometimes we just need that extra kick to get us going again. I suffer from terrible emotional eating and it is something that I find VERY hard to break.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Re: ARG!

Postby help6363 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:03 pm

yummymummy wrote:I weighed myself the other day and Im back up to 75kg, I seem to lack all ability to keep my weight stable its up and down constantly!! and Im fully aware how unhealthy this is for my body and metabolism, but, basically I sux at this weight control thing as soon as I get stressed I eat crazy foods and Ive been stressed alot lately :twisted: :twisted: but thats just an excuse Im a smart girl I know what to eat I just am not eating well at all,
excuse me while I eat the rest of my liqurice allsort show bag and feel sorry for myself :shock: :?

Stress and eating? Ugh, me too! Here's what I did (it may or may not help you)......

One of my biggest problems was binge eating. To solve this problem, I keep a journal with the aim of trying to figure myself out. Here’s what I do: write down when I feel like binge eating and what I feel like eating. I can look over this at a later date. When I have analysed myself and my actions I came to the realisation that I like to eat greasy food when I am stressed, chocolate when I am grumpy and so forth. Now you just need to replace the habit with something else. Can you drink water when you are stressed instead of reaching for the greasy food? Make strategies that will work for YOU!

This may take some practice! Hence, just get back on the horse if you do slip up….. it’s really not the end of the world!

It only takes 21 days to form a new habit.........YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :D

I know you don't lack ability.......... YOU ARE FANTASTIC! :D

Oh...... what other show bags did you get?
help6363

Postby yummymummy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:44 pm

Thanks guys !
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Postby slimmindown » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:52 pm

Jody i'm right there with you and the stress eating.

You have some good advice already and I'll be taking some of it myself. thanks guys 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:37 pm

i hate being a closet eater. Goodluck with ur next weigh in.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby sassi » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:41 pm

i missed this last week :(

hope you've put yourself of licorice for a while jody!! :P

how are you going this week?
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:03 pm

man i didnt even see this post either. hey jody hope all is going well now for you, it sounds really hectic at the moment but im sure it will all come together for you soon :) sing out if you need to vent! ill try to keep tabs on where you are!
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:22 pm

well I ate my entire show bag in 1 day , naughty naughty,but Ive not touched a lolly since then, I think Im a bit of a stress head and I dont verbalize things all that well so I stew on them and they grow bigger than what they actually are then eventually I blow!! Hubby is not all that helpfull because he is pretty much bloody useless in stressfull situations
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Postby help6363 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:01 pm

yummymummy wrote:well I ate my entire show bag in 1 day , naughty naughty,but Ive not touched a lolly since then, I think Im a bit of a stress head and I dont verbalize things all that well so I stew on them and they grow bigger than what they actually are then eventually I blow!! Hubby is not all that helpfull because he is pretty much bloody useless in stressfull situations

Well done for not eating anymore lollies! :D

I am a stress head too! And yes I stew on things aswell! If you find a solution to stop this can you please tell me?

THANKS!!!

Have a great day! :D
help6363

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:02 pm

omg show bags are the best arent they. the only thing is is that they get more and more expensive every year :(
kate_turner2000

Postby matchbox » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:54 am

i agree hey! i didn't go to the show this year, but my brother got me a little bertie beetle bag hehe - been pretty good so far, only eaten 2 :D
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby chook81 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:44 am

I totally understand where you are coming from. I am a emotional/stressful eater as well and keep everything inside. At the moment i am feeling a little down because I just weighed myself and i am back up to 78. Considering how bad I have been over the last two weeks tho this is prob pretty good. My pop passed away last week and so the emotional eating went into overdrive. :( My fiance tries to be helpful but he buys me chocolate to try and cheer me up. I have asked him many times to not do this, i cant get cranky at him because he is only trying to be nice. Its now only 9 weeks until my wedding :shock: and so i need to get my but moving. Especially want to tone my arms nad my back the best I can before the wedding. Want to get myself in the right headspace for the day and dont want to spend one second of the day thinking that I look fat!!! But with nine weeks to go the stress is starting to go up!

(sorry if i rambled a bit here just felt like getting some stuff of my chest)
Weight Loss Tickers [url=http://www.dietpillrating.com/weight-loss-tickers/]
[/url]
chook81

Return to Weight loss Talk