It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:25 am

Free Newsletter

Detox Diet

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Detox Diet

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:32 pm

Hey all,

Well I left the Tony Ferguson plan in August (after two months and 7kg lost) to start a low carb / low GI / high protein diet .....

Well my weight has remained stable, how I don't know! I have been appalling the past month or so. REALLY bad - far too much wine (up to a bottle a night :oops: ) and greasy food, soft drinks and takeaway.

The one constant has been exercise which has kept my weight stable. I'm really annoyed thinking that if I'd just stuck to my diet I'd be another 4kg or so down. :?

Anyways, I know I'm rambling (sorry!!!!!), I decided to try to my naturopath who is excellent, and who I haven't seen for a year or so (she was great with helping me to boost my immune system).

She has suggested a three week detox, which I'm starting on Monday. The first week I get to eat copious amounts of fish / brown rice and veg (oddly no brocoli, cabbage or cauliflower) in the first week (obviously no alcohol, caffeine, meat or dairy).

Stage 2 goes for two weeks and I can have a little bit more variety. Then Stage 3 is 'eating for life' with a general guide to healthy eating with th odd treat.

I detoxed a few years back when it was all the rage - and did a chemist kit one - and whilst I didn't weigh myself (was thin then!) I lost a little as my clothes felt loose.

Wish me luck guys, I'm doing this to finally address my emotional eating / drinking. I can't remember my last stone cold sobre night. And my liver can't be happy about that!

Ok, confession done!!!!
Lush Gal

Postby sassi » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:43 pm

congrats lush gal - it sounds like a big step you've taken but this is the sort of detox that appeals to me - one you do through eating only. a friend of mine did something similar for 6 weeks a couple of years ago & she found it easier than expected to stick to & it was only once she returned to her old habits that she realised how good she felt when she was on it!

congrats also on sticking with exercise - that's something to be proud of :)

good luck with the detox - your liver will love you :D
sassi

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:10 pm

My poor 28 year old liver ....

It's disgusting how much I drink, but it's just so easy to pour a wine when you get in from work, another while you prepare tea, another while tea is simmering, a couple with tea ......

I keep justifying it by saying, oh well I won't be able to drink when I start trying for kids .... but it really must end!!

I'm going to keep a daily diary on this site to keep me motivated, so I'll keep you all posted!
Lush Gal

Postby shelbel » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Oh my liver knows what yours goes through!! LOL :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:35 pm

I swear to God part of mine has broken away in search of a better life in new body!
Lush Gal

Postby Optimus » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:16 pm

Hey Lush Gal,

Take a look at my site in my signature.

I've only just started that detox program, so updates will be coming. :)
Nick Lafazanos
Isagenix Independent Associate
0412 991 159
http://www.optimus.isagenix.com
Optimus

Return to Weight loss Talk