It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:36 am

Free Newsletter

does anyone count kilojoules?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

does anyone count kilojoules?

Postby Sharee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi I was wondering if other people out there are counting kilojoules or calories and if so what their daily limit is? I'm trying to set myself a reasonable target.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVEnpO2/]
[/url]
Sharee

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:11 pm

I can't do kjs they just confuse me! I talk in cals but even then I find it a bit overwhelming.

I've been told to stick to 1200 cals (not sure what that is in kjs) to lose weight.

If you bulk that 1200 cals out with tonnes of low cal / low carb veg you get to eat a HUGE amount - more than before I dieted!
Lush Gal

Postby matchbox » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:37 pm

you can use something like http://www.calorieking.com.au to count your calories, it counts kilojoules too. it sets how many calories/kJ you should be eating dependant on your height, weight, activity level etc.

i'm eating 1300 cal a day at the moment, it'll be more if u exercise more etc (i'm not the most active person!) but you should never eat less than 1200 calories a day, as your body goes into starvation mode and causes you to start packing away any extra calories coming into your body, because it thinks its not going to get more!

hope that helps you, good luck :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Re: does anyone count kilojoules?

Postby help6363 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:28 pm

Sharee wrote:Hi I was wondering if other people out there are counting kilojoules or calories and if so what their daily limit is? I'm trying to set myself a reasonable target.

Hello :D

I count calories and fat grams..... 1,250 calories per day and 35g of fat.

The only reason I like counting calories is that I know when to stop eating. If someone told me I could eat healthy ....... I would never stop eating.

Have a great day!

Cheers

Michelle
help6363

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:43 pm

i count kj's as every packet has them, aslong u know how many u should be having its a good way to go. i have about 5500kj's.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby talia11 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:31 pm

I am on a 1200 calorie paln with Lite N Easy - works for me and I am never hungry....
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby Mark » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:12 am

matchbox, thanks for the info :)
Mark

Postby Ally » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:23 am

To convert kilojoules to calories you divide the kilojoules by 4.2. To convert calories to kilojoules you just multiply the calories by 4.2.

Personally I count calories as it is the easiest form for me....you do have to be careful NOT to become obsessive about it or it will do your head in and I don't find it plausible to change from one obsession (eating too much food) for another (oooh does water have calories in it??....that kind of thing) as with every other method of safe weight loss cal/kj counting is only the tool to be used for losing the weight....it is up to us to get our headspace right to do the hard yakka!!

There is a calorie counter on this website too....just go to the home page and click on the link :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:23 pm

Ally wrote:....you do have to be careful NOT to become obsessive about it or it will do your head in and I don't find it plausible to change from one obsession (eating too much food) for another (oooh does water have calories in it??....that kind of thing) as with every other method of safe weight loss cal/kj counting is only the tool to be used for losing the weight....it is up to us to get our headspace right to do the hard yakka!!

Thats is a really good point you have made.

I know when I started I became obsessed with the numbers and in turn I started saying no no no to everything which in turn led me to a few binges because I was denying myself the occassional treat.

Now I incorporate the ocassional treat into my daily cals, as long as it equals to less cals in and more out, losing weight is achieveable.

Being in the right head space helps too :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby JL77 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:03 pm

I dont. I tend to get abit confused about all that technical stuff lol.. Thats why I joined ww online.
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby madeline » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:20 pm

used to... not anymore, it preoccupied my thoughts for the entire day and made it impossible to enjoy eat because i felt guilty.

what works for me- only eating when i'm hungry (if you do this, you will be thin, trust me).
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Sharee » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:59 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. Yep I know what you mean about becoming obsessed with KJ/ calorie counting, I found myself pondering whether lip gloss was giving me extra calories, not healthy!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVEnpO2/]
[/url]
Sharee

Postby shelbel » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:31 pm

lol at the last comment, im so guilty of that myself! Not so good! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby rivenriver » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:44 pm

Apparantly, in her lifetime the average woman eats several kilograms of lipstick/gloss/balm. ;)

I can't imagine it's got much in it though. It probably just comes straight out the other end. ;)
rivenriver

Postby shelbel » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:51 pm

If only it would go to my lips and make them pouty instead of my hips! hahahahaha
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk