It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Free Newsletter

How much exercise should i be doing?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How much exercise should i be doing?

Postby Sussy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:28 pm

Hi all, can anyone tell me how much exercise i should be doing daily? My kilojoule intake is prob around 5000-5500kj's and i walk everyday between 30-40mins. I have a new baby so can't get out as much as i used to, also i'm not as active coz i'm mainly just home around the house with bubby. Just wondered if i'm doing enough, i've also invested in an aerobic dvd (an easy one mind you) and will try to do that during the week when possible-just hope my stomping around the lounge room won't wake bubby...haha, we'll see. Thanks :D

Postby electrongirl » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:40 pm

I've been told that you need to do at least 30 mins of exercise a day to see good resuls, your walking sounds like just enough!

If you incorporate more into the day, of course you'll probably get even better results.
Last edited by electrongirl on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby JODI C » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi there,
I try to exercise a lot lately but your walk is a great thing my new trainer has told me if I could increase my walk to a walk/jog then that will get things burning quicker. I also purchased a DVD lately and it was the workout DVD of Gillian off the biggest loser and I highly recomend it. Even if you could change the walk once or twice a week for a swim or something different that might help you. I have no kids so it's a bit easier for me I guess but I have lost 5kg in 3 weeks so it's working for me
I will succeed!! I really can do it!!

Postby Sussy » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:41 am

Hey thanks for the replies guys, will try to do more when i can, and now the weather is getting nicer it's easier to get outdoors more and enjoy it too. Anyway, hope I start to see results soon, i have high hopes. Thanks again.... Cheers Suse

Return to Weight loss Talk