It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 am

Free Newsletter

Daily Detox Diet Update - Will Lush Gall Go The Distance??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Daily Detox Diet Update - Will Lush Gall Go The Distance??

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:10 am

DAY ONE -

Just hit the grocery shops to top up on detox allowed food (mainly tonnes of vegies, organic brown rice, fresh fish and natural yoghurt).

Breakfast has been a hurdle - no fruit or sweetener (and of course no bread ....), fruit is limited in the first week to grapefruit and lemons / limes.

Grapefruit doesn't taste like what I thought it would. Grapefruit isn't easy to eat like in the movies when it's served halved with a spoon. Grapefruit is messy and has an aftertaste of ear wax.

Hmmm, the rest of the day SHOULD be simpler - I love brown rice and fish. I'm going to make a ratatoule (sp??) out of all these luscious vegies and have it dolloped on brown rice for tea. Lunch will be a HUMUNGOUS salad with a tin of tuna.

I can do this - even if just for the smug "oh yes, dahhhh-link, I just did a detox and feeling fab, fab, fab" moment at the end of it.

Now, off to pop my fish oil, probiotic and some other suplement the naturopath prescribed.
Lush Gal

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:27 am

Detoxing is the pits Lush Gal - I went through it about 2 weeks ago (doing Kate Morgan). I didn't think I could do it either - but when you start to feel great and see a loss on your scales - it makes it all worth while. I lost a staggering 4 kilos in my first week (which was mainly due to detoxing!!)

You can do it - and remember we are here for you anytime you feel the urge to waiver from it.

As someone on this forum has for their signature:

"Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels".

Good luck
Michelle
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:53 am

If you don't like the grape fruit don't have it. I know what you mean it taste disgusting I tried it once when I was 15 and it was feral :P

Anyway why not have a cup of brown rice with some milk and honey (if you are allowed the milk and honey) or brown rice with snow peas and peas mixed in with a sprinkling of lime juice.

I know it sounds weird but it taste great. You just have to get around the fact that its not traditional "breakfast food"
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby sassi » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:02 am

hi lushgal, you did make me giggle a bit there with the aftertaste of ear wax!! :lol:

are you allowed to have something like oats for brekky or is that a no-no?

what about grilled mushrooms & tomatoes.

a friend of mine did a detox that sounded similar, but i can't remember what she used to have for breakfast. i think she used to cook up a small piece of fish (salmon or tuna) and have some mushrooms or avocado with it.
sassi

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:12 am

Oats come next week (I think) .... as are eggs.

I'm going to have a go at grilled tomato and mushies tomorrow morning.

My hubby is in Sydney today so it's just me at work - I'm going to divert the phone and head on home for a big old cook up.

A spicy tomato and eggplant stew could be good for breakie too. I have a TONNE of veggies so I can get creative.

I did a detox three years ago and felt amazing at the end of it - it was so interesting to see the changes, like less crap on your tongue when you wake up in the morning, less sweating etc. Not to mention the whole reason I want to do the detox this time around - the colon cleansing - sounds gross but I swear to God last time I detoxed I eliminated things that I hadnt eaten in months!
Lush Gal

Postby sassi » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 am

:lol: ewwwwww!! joking!

i know what you mean though - the friend who did the detox really noticed the difference when she went back to her old eating habits, it really hit home how much more energy she'd had & how good she'd felt on the detox.

spicy tomato & eggplant stew sounds yum!

congee would be nice for brekky as well - if you can make it with brown rice
sassi

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:29 am

What is congee? I can have brown rice (which I really LOVE anyways).

Sorry for the gross poop stories!
Lush Gal

Postby sassi » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:31 am

it's almost like an asian version of porridge (mostly savoury i think)

[url]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_congee[/url]

you can kind of put whatever you want in it for flavour...i'm just not sure if brown rice breaks down the same way that white rice does?

i love it though!
sassi

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi - thanks for the link!

I've done some googling and there are brown rice versions, I'll defintely give it a go.

I've just made up a HUGE container of garden salad to see me through the day and am boiling some rice as we speak. I'm actually quite excited as I can have all the good carbs like brown rice and corn etc that I REALLY missed on Tony Ferguson!
Lush Gal

Return to Weight loss Talk