It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:15 am

Free Newsletter

Lush Gal Daily Detox Diary

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Sas » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Great work!!! Keep it up :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:17 pm

Oh Kate - the gas is RIPE. I can clear a room.

Luckily I've perfected my mock disgusted look of "who was THAT" - it works even better if you direct it at a small child / dog and then tutt tutt at the parent / owner.
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:22 pm

oh you are a crack up LOL im glad someone here can relate to me!
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:32 am

despite the stench that seems to come with the detox (from all over!), you've almost convinced me i might need to do something similar when i get back from holidays!
sassi

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:47 am

Hey Sassi,

I'm onto day 5 now and it really is worth it - not sure if I'll last the ENTIRE 21 days! But this week has been a great way to prove to myself that I can go without wine, diet coke, bread etc.

The funny thing is that I feel somedays like I'm hungover but without the seediness. I mean, I have a tonne of energy and feel great. But my breath reeks and my wee is just phenomenal - dark and bright.

Hmmmmm. Say it's to do with all the nasties coming out?
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:49 am

yep definately sounds like your body is detoxing, thats really exciting! you are doing SO well not having the wine. im sure your liver is thanking you for it.
kate_turner2000

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:59 am

My poor, poor liver - I swear I heard it screaming in protest the other day when my friend and I ordered ANOTHER bottle fo bubbles!

I updated my ticker too - looks like since Monday I am down 2kg or so! Am so excited, considering I have been eating tonnes - NEVER hungry I am really chuffed as I know it's not just a fluid loss that will creep back on!

We booked our trip to Vietnam yesterday too, such a motivation to get slim, the shopping in Han Oi for tailored clothes looks like it is going to be AMAZING. I even bullied hubby into letting me stay an extra two nights there!!
Lush Gal

Postby Sas » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:10 am

You are going so well Lush! Don't worry I'm a shocker for having wine too... I know I can live without it but I really enjoy a glass with dinner...

Keep up the great work hun! :)
Sas

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:31 pm

Thanks for all your support guys!

I am really struggling today at work though. I'm just so tired and would KILL for a coffee / diet coke.

Am trying to be strong though. The problem is that I haven't planned particularly well today so I don't have any yummy vegie stew or brown rice to get me through!

Today is just starting to feel REALLY hard. I'm starting to re-assess how long I can do this for!
Lush Gal

Postby Sas » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:42 pm

Don't give in chickie! You can do it! Just tackle the afternoon an hour at a time.

Friday's are always hard to get through let alone when you are doing a new diet... think of it as Friday is yuor problem not the diet.

Stay strong and think of all the great work you have done already and the kg's that you have lost :)
Sas

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:12 pm

You guys are beyond great!!! I left a msg with the naturopath as I want to discuss the option of progressing to stage three now (where I can have a variety of protein, plus eggs, oats and rye bread) but to stay on that stage longer.

I hope that makes sense?? My hubby just told me I am looking and acting like a total junkie!

Basically, what I'mm wanting to see is if I can go longer and milder rather than the short intense detox which has completely turned me crazy this arvo!!

I was on the verge yesterday - but today is a whole new ball game .... I seriously think that the pot plants at work are talking to me ("eat us Sharna") and I swear to God I am so close to stabbing hubby (we work together in an office - just the two of us) but alas, all my pens are ball point and I don't think they'd do enough damage.

Perhaps an old fashioned quill would suffice??

ARGH!!!
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:20 pm

lol lush girl, the joys of detox. i reckon that people who are in rehab for drug and alcohol addictions must go through some of the things we go through with detoxing food etc. today seems to be dragging on this end, i hope that you are all planned for dinner tonight :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:24 pm

Oh I seriously look like a junkie! add to that th fact that I came to work in scummy old gym gear as we are hitting the gym post-work.

I'm talking really fast too - if you've seen Train Spotting you'll know what I mean!

And the rationalisation has started too. One steak tonight won't hurt - it would be good for me. Right???
Lush Gal

Postby sassi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:05 pm

NO! back away from that steak!

you can have fish, right? why not have a meaty sort of fish like a tuna steak or something? that might help the craving...ish!!
sassi

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:26 pm

It's over Sassi.

I had a protein shake this afternoon as the shakes where just so bad I thought I was going to throw up or pass out!

Sigh. I'm still going to be viligent with my regime, but am going to gradually introduce a few different things ....

At least I tried and hey, it's better than my bottle of wine a night / greasy take-out habit!
Lush Gal

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk