It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Free Newsletter

No Chocolate Please....

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

No Chocolate Please....

Postby Sussy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:50 am

Hi everyone or anyone hehe :D I just wanted to share this with you. I've only been doing this for a week but am still really positive and focused, and on Friday it's my birthday, and i've told my hubby NOT to buy me ANY chocolate coz i REALLY want to do this. This is a total first for me EVER because I LOVE chocolate and can eat and eat and eat it until i feel sick, wait until that feeling goes away and then eat more. Anyway this is a big deal for me so i'm very proud of myself. Also the look on hubby's face when i said that to him was priceless. :lol: Thanks for listening. Have a great day!! 8)
Sussy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:48 am

omg im hearing you! i love my chocolate too! you should be proud that you have asked for no chocolate. preventative measures make the world of difference. you will have to let us know what you get for your birthday and i hope you have a happy one :) xoxox
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:21 pm

I did that this easter - I asked for other stuff and if chocolate was necessary, for it to be extra dark
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:29 pm

Good on you for resisting chocolate for your birthday! My September was a right off for being in "birthday mode" - I ate EVERYTHING.
Lush Gal

Re: No Chocolate Please....

Postby help6363 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:19 pm

Sussy wrote:Hi everyone or anyone hehe :D I just wanted to share this with you. I've only been doing this for a week but am still really positive and focused, and on Friday it's my birthday, and i've told my hubby NOT to buy me ANY chocolate coz i REALLY want to do this. This is a total first for me EVER because I LOVE chocolate and can eat and eat and eat it until i feel sick, wait until that feeling goes away and then eat more. Anyway this is a big deal for me so i'm very proud of myself. Also the look on hubby's face when i said that to him was priceless. :lol: Thanks for listening. Have a great day!! 8)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Friday! :D

Good on you for saying no to chocolate....well done!!! :D
help6363

Postby Ally » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:05 pm

That is a great idea!! Well done for sticking to it and I hope you have a great birthday on Friday!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby shelbel » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:12 pm

Good on you! I so know what you mean about eating choc till you feel sick, waiting for it to pass then having more! I used to do this too! :oops:

You sound so positive good luck and happy bday for friday!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Sussy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:21 pm

Well i had my birthday on Friday and while hubby didn't get me chocolate, I have ended up with 2 boxes....so far they are still unopened in the back of the pantry, i hope they stay that way...for a while at least. Have my 1st weigh in on Wednesday, i hope it's encouraging or i know i'll be disappointed. Fingers crossed.
Sussy

Postby Rissa » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:48 pm

Wishing you a belated happy birthday!
So you actually stop eating chocolate when you get sick, take a break, and then eat some more? You think that's bad - I eat chocolate, don't stop when I feel sick, and pretty much keep going until there's none left. That just goes to prove, when you think you're bad at something, there's always someone worse than you!
Good on you for your perserverance, especially with having it in the house with you! You're way stronger than I am.
Bye! Rissa
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3irdSl/]
[/url]
First weigh-in: Sunday 11 Novemember, 2007.
Mission: to lose 5 kilos by this date.
Rissa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:57 pm

hey sussy hope you had a lovely bday?!! i have an idea... wrap those choccies up in xmas paper and put them in a cupboard, when you get closer to xmas and someone who doesnt usually buy you a present turns up with one, you can give them a box of chocolates! thats what i do each year (or the round tins of bikkies) and that way you dont feel bad that you didnt return a gift :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:12 pm

Hi Sussy - happy birthday :) Well done on resisting the chocolate. Sounds like they might need to be re-gifted? :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:15 pm

Hey there!
Well done mate, it sure is hard to resist choccies when you're starting out!! You've done well!! :)
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Sussy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:08 am

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I like your ideas about gifting the gift, particularly yours Kate; what a great idea and how true that you always get caught out with someone giving you something at Christmas and you having nothing for them. That way i can hang on to them for a while too, sounds silly I know but if you knew me at all then you'd know how hard it is for me to give away the chocolate....i just love it, even though i know i can;t eat it. Funnily i know how bad it is for me too, when i have it i go super silly and get the giggles (which everyone loves coz it's very entertaining) but then later i'm very tired and grumpy & the next day i get a bad headache. I'm seriously addicted to it, which is why i can't just have even a little bit, also i can't stop once i start. With me it's all or nothing.
Also on a different note just wanted to quickly add that this forum is really great in that it shows me that the struggles i go through with food aren't just limited to me, but surprisingly alot of you struggle with the same things...well i'm surprised anyway coz i thought it was just me who had these issues.
Thanks again for your support everyone, and i had a lovely birthday too. :D
Sussy

Postby JODI C » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:57 pm

I am a sucker for chocolate I LUV IT!!!! So good on you for asking for none. I always have to treat myself to a freddo frog every week just to keep me going but it has not affected my weight loss as I have still lost 7kg in 5 weeks so a little bit now and then is ok but I really would eat a lot more if I could!!
I will succeed!! I really can do it!!
JODI C

Postby electrongirl » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:25 pm

because I love chocolate too much I can't give it up, so instead I allow myself 1 small choc treat a day. It can be:

1 fun size Mars lite
1 fun size Frys Turkish Delight
1 Nestle Diet Choc mousse
1 WW choc cake bar

This way I dont binge!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk