It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:29 am

Free Newsletter

Staying positive

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Staying positive

Postby dietcoke » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:41 pm

I think the easiest way to lose weight, keep exercising, get enough sleep and generally feel healthier is to think positively and lately I've been feeling like everyone around me is pointing out the negative and bringing my mood down.

So if you want to start thinking positively and be around positive people post all your feel-good thoughts, songs, images, links, memories and fantasies (nothing too blue of course) in here.

:arrow: My top motivational, feel-good song - "Sometimes" by Michael Franti and Spearhead

:arrow: I'm looking forward to... CHRISTMAS! Can't wait to start decorating and LOVE the smell of a fresh REAL Christmas tree.

:arrow: Tomorrow I'm going to lie in the pool in the Aqua Duck and read
dietcoke

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:19 am

hey dietcoke thanks for starting this thread :) its very motivational

:arrow: listen to 'D:Ream - things can only get better'
:arrow: do my Take 5 Puzzles
:arrow: complete the xmas cards I am making this year
:arrow: do more xmas shopping
:arrow: layby stuff for MYSELF
:arrow: come on here to chat with friends and fellow weight-losers
:arrow: give heidi cuddles and kisses cos i can
kate_turner2000

Postby Sas » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:15 am

this is a great post! :)
For me...
:arrow: I look at my wedding pics... I have been married for just over 3 months so when I look at them they make me feel so happy and positive about where I am in my life... I swear I sit there with this silly grin on my face lol
:arrow: this is a weird one but I find writing down my food plan and exercise plan for the week makes me feel positive... don't know why but it does!
:arrow: reading inspiring stories in mags like Slimming
:arrow: Listen to my work out musics on my ipod... always get's me happy and positive :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:12 am

Hey, great thread :!:

Having a positive outlook is an essential factor for weight loss. I'm a sucker for self help books and reading empowering quotes. I also love to surround myself with positive people, there is nothing worse than hearing constant whinging about whatever, especially if a person isn't willing to help themselves (I know I've been guilty of this in the past) its just so draining on the psyche.

When I have a negative thought about my body or whatever I stop myself and change that statement into something positive (this is hard work but really does help).

I also write in my journal - nothing is scared and I can go back and read and really analyse the whys, the what’s, the hows to see what triggers my desire to binge.

what inspires me:
:arrow: looking at pictures of me when I was a normal healthy weight. It motivates me to get back there.

:arrow: I have a dress in my wardrobe that I will be wearing for christmas. There are no ifs or buts about it. I'll be moving and shaking my butt to fit into that dress in 11 weeks :wink:

:arrow: My self worth - I deserve to look and feel the best I can. I deserve to be healthy and treat my body with love :D

:arrow: My family and friends inspire me every single day. I have such a great support network.

And of course the wonderful connections I've formed with select few members on this forum. You ALL inspire me. You all have strength, determination and courage - bless you beautiful ladies :D

:arrow: My graduation ceremony in February. I want to be wearing a gorgeous dress and feel so confident wearing it. I also want to feel confident poising for all the photos that will be taken. My parents have a wall with my brother and sister's graduation photos and when mine goes up I don't want to cringe at what I see.

There are many more things that drive and motivate me but I won't bore you all by listing them :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:27 am

Hmmmm. For me

:arrow: I focus on how much better I feel at this weight than at 110kg. I really want to stay here and not get back there

:arrow: I LOVE being able to go on bushwalks with the bloke and enjy them and not chuck tanties so I can enjoy being with him

:arrow: I feel so confident that I ahve finally worked out whatI need to do to get rid ofthis last 5kg and feel that I can get there for Chrissy!

:arrow: I want to be healthy. Not just skinny, but healthy. My asthma is sooooo much better now and I don't get heartburn, my knees don't ache, My blood pressure is normal/low, My heart is fit and healthy and I have no concerns about my weight impacting on my anaesthetic for upcoming surgery

:arrow: I want to keep this healthy attitude so that when I get pregnant, I can hopefully hold on to it and limit any baby weight throuh maintaining exercise and diet (in consultation with docs of course)

:arrow: I am SOOOOOOOO much more positive now. So much less depressed and down on myself. More confident and less concerned with what others think. This is NOT due to beng skinnier, but due to the PROCESS that I had to go through and having to overcome those demons to get to where I am
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby sassi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:19 pm

what an awesome thread! i didn't realise how negative i'd been recently till i started reading this. not negative towards other people - because i believe in others, i was just not believing in myself. and i think this has been hampering my efforts in the last few weeks.

:idea: i am far healthier now than i was when i started this journey, i am eating to fuel my body and help it to work as efficiently as it can

:idea: my body deserves to be treated with care & respect. the way my body functions/the things it can do is/are amazing and will only improve the healthier i am

:idea: i have the most amazingly loving & supportive partner who thinks i'm gorgeous exactly as i am but who respects my decision to lose weight

:idea: i am looking forward to my holiday - i deserve this holiday :!:

:idea: i like my basic body shape. i've never been able to admit this before but i have thought about it and i actually do. i am overweight but my curves are in proportion and i love that even when i've lost weight, i'll keep them.
sassi

Postby help6363 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:04 pm

I just take one day at a time and just want to be the best me I can possibly be! :D

I know it's pretty lame, huh?
help6363

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:21 pm

:arrow: remember that our trip to Vietnam (and AWESOME tailored clothes) is only 8 weeks away!

:arrow: remember what thin censored used to feel like. Oh thin censored, why did I forget you as I polished off pizza and wine?

:arrow: think about how much healthier my body is for eating so much nutritious food, exercising and cutting out the nasties.

:arrow: self visualisation. imagining myself thinner - yes, once upon a time my buttocks did not resemble two cauliflowers.

:arrow: get some exercise - makes me feel great emotionally and also get to have that smug, "oh yes, just done a gym session" face as you leave gym.

:arrow: remember that one day I want to have babies. Having babies means putting on weight. Putting on weight at current weight = BAD. Putting on baby weight at goal weight = YUMMY MUMMY.
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:23 pm

hey lush girl, its funny that you mention thin censored, i didnt think there was such a thing until i reached 70kg earlier this year!
kate_turner2000

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:36 pm

HappyBella55 wrote:
there is nothing worse than hearing constant whinging about whatever, especially if a person isn't willing to help themselves (I know I've been guilty of this in the past) its just so draining on the psyche.

Bella did an oopsie :oops: :oops: .

Sassi babe, I hope you don’t think I was directing this to you or anyone on this forum. I was just speaking generally as I’ve had people come up to me and whinge about one thing or another and they are not doing anything to change it, and it so draining to hear time after time.

That’s why I love this forum, so many positive people on here, who are doing positive things to change. Ane we can’t always be 100% positive, we wouldn’t be human otherwise :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:48 pm

Hey Bella,

Just for the record I didn't take it that way. I totally agree with you - we are all on this forum because we have made a POSITIVE decision to change our weight.

Sure we fall of the wagon, sook (read Lush Gal Detox Diary!), moan about things and generally feel down about ourselves.

But what you were saying is we are TRYING TO CHANGE. To make a step in the right direction to losing weight.

I have a girlfriend who constantly says she hates being overweight (she is quite large) yet scoffs junk food and won't stick to exercise. Until she makes the mental leap she'll won't stop those habits either.

So yes, this forum is AWSEOME. You feel supported and not entirely like you are the ONLY person ever to struggle with weight!
Lush Gal

Postby oostevens » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:59 pm

Positive things for me:

:idea: i want to have kids in the next two years and i want to be a healthy mum, who has less to lose weightwise compared to if i was pregnant now.

:idea: i am going to put my wedding dress on next year and have it be too big for me and know that i look stunning, even more stunning than my wedding day :)

:idea: i want to be able to sing better, and i believe becoming healthy will help with that.

:idea: i dont have reflux as much now :) YAY

:idea: i am happier and so is my husband (he is losing weight too)

:idea: as luch gal said, i cannot wait for thin censored! be alot more energetic ha ha ha

:idea: i have so many clothes i want to wear again and i will and am beginning to bring out older stuff every month :) as i fit into it.

:idea: this forum is a big positive for me :) without the forum i never would have started to become healthy. and all the advice, i love it.

:idea: um, i have not had chocolate for 2-3months :) i love that.

:idea: loud music :) that i can sing to. i love singing....LOUD and passionately
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby sassi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:03 pm

HappyBella55 wrote:
HappyBella55 wrote:
there is nothing worse than hearing constant whinging about whatever, especially if a person isn't willing to help themselves (I know I've been guilty of this in the past) its just so draining on the psyche.

Bella did an oopsie :oops: :oops: .

Sassi babe, I hope you don’t think I was directing this to you or anyone on this forum. I was just speaking generally as I’ve had people come up to me and whinge about one thing or another and they are not doing anything to change it, and it so draining to hear time after time.

That’s why I love this forum, so many positive people on here, who are doing positive things to change. Ane we can’t always be 100% positive, we wouldn’t be human otherwise :D
have i been whinging? :shock:
sassi

Postby dietcoke » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:32 pm

Wow. You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for adding to my positive thoughts. I feel positively giddy right now just thinking about feeling even better tomorrow!

Ok time to add some more...

:arrow: My skin is much brighter and softer and the bags under my eyes are disappearing and I'm getting colour in my face (must be all the vitamins I've been getting from fruit and veges)

:arrow: I haven't had a single broken nail in WEEKS (I think from the healthy diet as well)

:arrow: I have visible muscle tone (more than I've ever had before)

:arrow: I have been flirting with boys all over the shop without realising it (SO much more confident).

:arrow: I actually look forward to springing out of bed and going for a walk. I love to listen to the radio (usually FBI 94.5fm these days).

:arrow: I'm actually happy...genuinely happy!

:arrow: I feel like I have what it takes now to be successful because I have learned how to put all my energy into improving myself

:arrow: I haven't actually lost any weight in weeks despite working my bum off (literally) and I don't care! I know in the long run I'll get there and right now I am healthier now both physically and emotionally than I have ever been before.

Wow...now I just sound like I'm bragging but I've never actually liked myself like this before. It's actually fun being me!
dietcoke

Postby oostevens » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:45 pm

YAY!!! ITS FUN HEY :) its a very good thing to do, saying positive words of affirmation :) they really show in a persons composure :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk