It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:13 am

Free Newsletter

I'VE RUINED IT!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'VE RUINED IT!

Postby Sharee » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi guys I am feeling super guilty because I made homemade spinach and feta triangles and I just ate three of them. They are each made with 1/4 of a pastry sheet and stuffed with spinach, feta and sun dried tomatoes. How much damage have I done? Right now I feel like binging on everything in the house cos I'm so mad at myself!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVEnpO2/]
[/url]
Sharee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:56 pm

is it the lower fat type puff pastry? or the full fat one? they sound delish! im sure that it was a meal in itself :) ive read that one serving of puff pastry is 1/4 of a sheet of puff pastry.
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:12 pm

were they good? they sound good! I know you feel like you've bummed out, but how many times do you muff a gear change in your car or forget to indicate or something? Do you give up and never drive again or spend the rest of the day ignoring the road rulses?? I think not. So just keep plugging away with the good decisions. If you are that worried about it, go out for a walk and clear your head!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby sassi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:15 pm

don't let one slip up ruin your day....we all slip up sometimes & most of the time the damage is nowhere near as bad as we think :)

if you count calories, jump on the calorieking website to see how many cals etc it was & then work the rest of your day around it :) at least it happened early in the day when you can adjust the rest of your eating/have a chance to exercise :)

it's all good - don't stress too much :)
sassi

Re: I'VE RUINED IT!

Postby help6363 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:19 pm

Sharee wrote:Hi guys I am feeling super guilty because I made homemade spinach and feta triangles and I just ate three of them. They are each made with 1/4 of a pastry sheet and stuffed with spinach, feta and sun dried tomatoes. How much damage have I done? Right now I feel like binging on everything in the house cos I'm so mad at myself!

HEY!

I have done a million times and don't worry about it....just get back on the horse (so to speak).

Just learn from the exprience. What will you do differently next time? By making a plan for what you will do differently next time you can create successes in the future.

You have not done that much damage..... just reflect, learn and move forward armed with new knowledge......I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!! :D
help6363

Postby Sharee » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:18 pm

Thanks everyone for the support! I have a terrible habit of thinking a slip up means all the work ive done is for nothing, which is stupid because three spinach triangles doesn't equal 14kg! It was the lower fat pastry so by my calculations I've done about about 2700kj damage!! I didn't have breakfast and I'm not hungry for lunch so I can salvage this day!! Thanks again
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVEnpO2/]
[/url]
Sharee

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:17 pm

You have done SO well, you have lost a huge amount of weight - you should be so proud!

Try not to punish yourself. It just starts a bad cycle, on Tony Ferguson (which I used to do) they said to never skip meals etc to make up for a slip up. Instead just continue as normal and try to get a bit more exercise and water in to make up for it.

Three spinach triangles does not a fat chick make. It's doing it everyday that adds up!

Give yourself a pat on the back for stopping at three! I had pizza a few weeks back and I used to polish off an entire pizza (insert piggy snorting sounds) and on my binge I had only 1/3 of a pizza - excellent when you consider what I USED to do.

So do try not to be too hard on yourself!
Lush Gal

Postby slimmindown » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:48 pm

well done on turning it around, they do sound yummy too :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby *KaTe* » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:57 pm

Great advice from everyone!

Dont stress over food, it's not worth it! I'm not doing that anymore, and i feel alot better 4 it!

Keep smiling!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Return to Weight loss Talk