It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Surviving that time of the month...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Surviving that time of the month...

Postby Rebecca » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:44 pm

Oh, the joys of being a woman!
Well, I can feel TTOM approaching and I am TERRIBLE during my period.. not with food too much, mostly exercise.

Does anyone change up what that they do during that oh so special time? I just can never bring myself to running and sweating hard at the gym for at least the first 2 days. I know I shouldn't, and that exercise is meant to do wonders for cramps etc, but I think it is the year 10 girl in me... remember PE anyone? Seems like every week all the girls had their periods, male teachers never questioned it hahah
Rebecca

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:52 pm

Try doing some gentle exercise. It's better than nothing and you won't have the gross sweaty feeling - I know what you mean about that, you feel icky enough without adding workout sweat!

I like to take a slow walk or just do some stretches.

And hey, don't be too hard on yourself - two days a month of exercise won't hurt your programme too much! Why not use the time you'd normally spend at the gym giving yourself a pedicure or soaking in the bathtub?
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:56 pm

hey rebecca

i used to love p.e! and i was never the last in my class because i always gave it a go. shocked the hell out of me and my mates because they would forge notes and have to sit and write lines the whole time LOL

but i agree with lush gal, 2 days out of the month having a rest from exercise wont hurt and it will give your body that rest it needs. the last thing i think of doing when i am bloated up, cranky, irritable and have a face full of pimples is hit the pavements for a walk lol.

maybe you can do something relaxing like yoga during ttotm, it will keep your body supple and it will make you feel good too :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk