It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Ive lost my mojo....

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Ive lost my mojo....

Postby Sharee » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:56 am

I think I'm becoming the forums resident sook, but I have lost all enthusiasm and am feeling like i will never reach my goal weight. I had a gain this week. After being so good during the week, I have no discipline on the weekend and keep blowing out. Does anyone else ever feel its just not worth it and for the sake of quality of life I should just except chubiness
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVEnpO2/]
[/url]
Sharee

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:52 am

I had a full year of not moving on the scales and YES I felt like there was no point at times. BUT I kept focussing on my health and just plodding along. I had gotten into a rut and was slipping back into old habits and was having a rough time emotionally so I think that was my issue, I've now rounded the corner, so stick with is and I'm sure you'll get there too.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:26 pm

i reckon we need a sooking section cos id be there quick as a flash this week
kate_turner2000

Postby JacksMum » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:02 pm

I think a lot of us know how you feel Sharee. You've done really well to lose the weight that you have but those last few kilos are a killer. I exercise, watch what I eat for most days and the scales wont budge. I even got new scales! I only need to lose a few more kilos but is so hard. It is like if I eat one biscuit ( which I don't very often) i put on weight. Some times I feel it's all just too hard but if I let myself go I will be disgusted with myself. So lets just keep plodding along!
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGNKKGy/]
[/url]
JacksMum

Postby Mandie » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:15 pm

oh yeah, for sure! we can all be sooks sometimes..

as tegan said, you need to focus on being healthy - not so much weight loss.

that way, even if things aren't moving on the scales so much, YOU know you are getting fitter, and healthier - that's the important thing! the scales will go down, eventually.. the body is a funny thing and it doesnta lways work the way we want it to!

good luck :)
Mandie

Postby Sharee » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:28 pm

Thanks guys, I'm over my morning whine and back to being determined to get rid of those last 5 kilograms. Anyone else find it really hard when you've lost some weight and have people a telling you that you look great now and not to worry about the diet! I'm such a sucker for that but this place really helps me to stay focused. You're right about he sooking section Kate, I reckon it would be a real winner!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVEnpO2/]
[/url]
Sharee

It's Hard!

Postby sami-j » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi Sharee,
What about trying something different to push you out of your comfort Zone. I just did a 5km Fun Run on the weekend & to my surprise, came 2nd in my age group (30-39).
I feel on top of the world today & I just know this week will be a good one for weight loss as I am inspired again!
Maybe you could try a new class at the Gym or something! Or maybe a few new recipes this week! It's amazing how a slight change can trigger weight loss for me!
You have come so far, don't give up now! You deserve to be slim & happy!
Sami :wink:
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." ..... Winston Churchill
sami-j

Postby PhilEngland » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:15 pm

Hey Sharee,

Don't worry, it happens to us all.

By the sound of it you've made some great progress already hun, damn, be proud of yourself!!

From your original post, one thing that struck me was your comment -

"Does anyone else ever feel its just not worth it and for the sake of quality of life I should just except chubiness"

One thing that I changed a long time ago was the association in my mind that "living life" and "enjoying life" meant eating unhealthy (but of course yummy) food...

There's no rule that says that's the case but its what we get conditioned to believe from a young age. Don't get me wrong I'm not being critical of you at all - but as long as you have it in your mind that eating unhealthy = enjoying life, you'll always find it difficult to maintain a diet that allows you to look the way you want to look.

Of course too I'm not suggesting that never eating yummy food is the way either because we all know it's about balance but I can tell you that making that tiny shift in your thinking can make a huge difference.

What if in your mind "enjoying life" meant "keeping my body vibrant healthy and fit" or what if enjoying life meant having energy, being happy with my diet and strong because I can keep my promises to myself..

You know what I mean?

Anyway didn't mean to rant on but I really empathized with your post and thought I'd share what helped me make some great changes in the past.

Hope that's helpful.

All the best,
Andrew
PhilEngland

Postby milkyway » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:11 pm

PhilEngland wrote:All the best,
Andrew

Didn't you just introduce yourself as Phil in the other forum?
Sorry, I just get suspicious of members with 'weight loss something' signatures...
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:44 pm

Hey Sharee nevermind, I think I took the forum's resident sook uniform a while ago now! :lol: hehehe Nevermind matey....just keep in mind that you are beautiful and you ARE worth it! :) xxx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby PhilEngland » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:33 am

lol Milky, you got me.

It is actually Phil but I do use Andrew as a pseudonym on some boards - it's an internet nerd thing :)

But yep I do have a weight loss site and I get that suspicion alot! Don't worry I'm not a spam bot or looking for links :) mainly just interested in meeting people with similar passions and maybe sharing some of my experiences.

Looking forward to becoming a helpful and active member.

Phil
PhilEngland

Return to Weight loss Talk