It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Free Newsletter

how often do you go to the gym?

A place for gym junkies to talk gym.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: how often do you go to the gym?

Postby TrinityT » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Since purchasing a home gym from , I have been exercising almost very morning! It is certainly more motivating to exercise at you own home because of the convenience. The fitness equipment I have bought includes a treadmill, rowing machine and my favorite, an elliptical trainer.

Postby bear » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:29 pm

I admit I'm a addict!!! :oops:

I used to go about 8 times a week! 6 days and twice monday and wednesday!
Since I've got small kids ( 4 of them) I've cut back and reclaimed the weekend to my family and go mainly when they are in childcare!
I go 5 days a week - and do classes or PT!

Mon - I do 1 class
Tues- 2 classes
Wed- 1 class
Thurs _ 2 classes
fri- 2 classes or just PT.

I started going so I used my membership and didn't waste my money ( as I previously went 5 times in a 6 month period) Now I go cause I love it and very social!! My gym has cool instructors and free childcare - exercise is just a bonus plan!! :wink:

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:41 pm

I've only just got a gym membership and I'm going on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for 45 minute weights sessions. All other days except Sunday I run.

Postby Shay » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:45 am

I go to Curves which is only a 30 min session usually 3 times a week. I do some stuff at home as well, like squats, lunges etc and dvds. I'm starting to swim on Sundays, but I need a bit more cardio me thinky.
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:46 am

I live 30kms from town and work 3 full days a week so on work days by the time I finish work the gym is closed and I don't have time in the morning as I have lots of animal chores before work.

So for me, its about 3x a week. I'm trying to find the best routine for me but its something like this:

2 x a week gym, 1 day cardio only, the other day a class (lots to choose from) as well as some cardio and weights and the 3rd day is a martial arts class (not at the gym) then gym for light cardio and weights. If I can squeeze a 4th day in (gets too expensive with petrol though) then i'd choose to do a martial arts class.

I was going to curves instead of the gym as the gym is only new, but in the process of cancelling my curves membership.

Then I do walking, home cardio, horse riding, tae bo etc at home through the week and try to go to the pool at least once a week for laps. Variety is the spice of life :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby Jessie1985 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:43 pm

i was going twice daily for about 2-3hrs each cause i had finished skool but now im bak to my normal routine of mon-fri 4.30-7pm and on wkends maybe about 3-4hrs but this includes a spa and sauna and shower so not that much anymore... 8)

Postby Searching501 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Lately i am going monday for spin and pump, wednesday for step and saturday for step.

Ideally i would like to incorporate another pump class into that, as well one session on my tready at home per week

Postby Walkabout » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:05 pm

I hit the gym about 4 times a week. Nowadays since I really don't need anymore muscle I mainly hit the heavy bag, do crunches and back excercises, some pull ups and burpees. That's about it.

Postby Tarz » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:45 am

I go to the gym most days of the week when i am feeling in top form, han't happened properly lately for three reasns
i seem to be getting hungry early in the arvos
my foot is buggered
and i think i have a bit of a cold MY HEAD IS STUFFY!

Postby jessica86 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:52 pm

it varies every week. im a shift worker, so i try fit it in around my shifts. plus its hard when i work night shifts because i spend all day asleep, and then the gym is closed when im ready for action, but im gonna start waking up at about 1pm and going to the gym, then come home & sleep again. if my husband is out with his mates on the weekend i will go to the gym. on average, minimum 4 times a week, usually 5 times a week, max 6 times a week. im a firm believer in having a day of rest.

Postby Ophir » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

My plan 4 days per week - both days of the weekend, Tues and Thursday.

Return to Gym Junkies Club