It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:35 am

Free Newsletter

my gym routine.

A place for gym junkies to talk gym.

Moderator: Moderators

my gym routine.

Postby Annie.J » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:25 pm

hello everyone!
i've been going to the gym for about 3-4 weeks now and i've been following a plan that one of the personal trainers have put together for me.
i've been doing:
30 minutes on the cross trainer (level 8-12 on the hill mode)
then i do 3 sets of 15 on each of the resistance machines such as the leg press, lat pulldown, chest press, seated row, etc.

is this enough to lose weight and stay healthy? what do you guys think?

Re: my gym routine.

Postby Ophir » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:46 am

I would say so. At my previous gym my PT put together a routine for me of 15min stepper, then arm weights (approx 10 mins to complete), 15 mins x-trainer, then resistance exercises with body weight such as crunchs (2 x 15), bridge (2 x 20 sec), wall squats (2 x 15 - put an exercises ball against the wall, then lean on the ball and use your body weight to do squats) and finish up with some stretching.

The routine worked for me and now that i have had a break for a while (went O/s and moved), i have now joined a new gym and im going on with this plan. Once again it is working.

I just change the kg's or levels if things start to become easy. Indicators for me of things becoming "easier" were being able to hold a conversation without puffing on the x-trainer or being able to take tiny shallow steps instead of deep steps on the stepper.

Re: my gym routine.

Postby Kristy89 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:40 pm

sounds good, but it is also great for you to change your routine every so often, as your will get used to the routine and platuea. Variation is always great :-)

Return to Gym Junkies Club