It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:26 am

Free Newsletter

Am I a gym addict?

A place for gym junkies to talk gym.

Moderator: Moderators

Am I a gym addict?

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:44 am

I've been planning my gym sessions in advance lately, and finding myself really looking forward to each one.

I'm doing Pump this morning and I was juuust considering going early to get an hour of cardio in first, when I realised maybe I am starting to do too much?

And so I decided just to do Pump.. and now I feel guilty!

But I shouldn't, right? Pump burns heaps of calories! And I will go to the gym again tomorrow to do another class.. *sigh*

I think my problem at the moment is that I am getting totally addicted to the gym, and am neglecting the fact that I have three exams next week and I really should be studying!

So I'm going to try to limit my gym time to an hour a session and one session a day, and see how that goes.

Okay, did I just say I have to LIMIT my gym time? SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:05 am

hi mandie

i think with anything exciting and new you just want to do it all the time :) and exercise releases some feel good hormones as well so no wonder you want to workout! if it is making you happy and you are building up slowly then i dont see the problem. you said the other day something along the lines of as long as you a healthy and fit thats all that matters. but you are right, you need to concentrate on your exams and study and so on but i believe its important to give yourself a rest and get out for awhile as well. you have great time management skills by the sounds of (the only person in medicine i know who actually does!) so im sure you will work it out to be beneficial for your exercise and also for your exams and studying :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:05 pm

Well at least you know you are getting your moneys worth out of it Mandie.

Ah Mandie I have done the same thing. Came out of pump class and thought I should jump on the cross trainer for 1/2 an hour but didn't as I always do another 10 mins of stretching after anyway. So I come out of the change rooms to go home and see other people from the class now on the cardio machines and I felt grrrr I wanted to do that. LOL anyway yes pump burns up to about 600 cals I think so it's a pretty good one that's for sure.

It's easy to do though. When I am on holiday I try to go most days and I love going during my lunch break but I only get 20 mins in the gym and I could stay there for a couple of hours but work beckons me back. I would go more but I know my hubby gets a bit peeved if I am at the gym longer than the time he gets to spend with me so it's all about balance. I do my cardio during the day so I have time with him at nights instead of being at the gym and I do my weight training at home as I prefer it. At the weekends life seems to crowd in too much to go more but I am really hanging out for some time at the gym on Sundays so I have to see what I can work out.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby yummymummy » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:17 pm

Well I think good on you for doing it!! you are all pretty fab for getting to the gym! I go walking but I have been going of an arvo with the kids in tow so its not exactly a great workout :? I would love to get into the gym but I cant fit it into my scedule these days (just a excuse I know :( ) one day.............
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:05 am

Walking is still excellent exercise Jody especially if your get your heart rate up and get those lungs working. For months I did nothing but walking and felt my legs start to tone up pretty quickly from that alone. Keep it up it is still very good for you. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:39 am

I agree. You can't go wrong with a good walk :D

I have been to Pump at my gym TWICE now (aren't I good :roll: ) but both times I did an hour of cardio before the class. The last time I went I thought I might be able to do a bit afterwards as well, so I jumped on a bike.... but my legs would not move, it was horrible! So, I gave up on that idea. Way better to get it over with beforehand.

I'm surprised that it burns up that much calories :o I can feel my muscles working, but nowhere close to raising a sweat or anything :?
SarahC

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:53 pm

I know what you mean Sarah it doesn't seem like it but that's what they have on the pamphlet and I get the same result when I plug it into calorieking. Obviously this will depend on your weight and metabolism but it is a good one alright. Still love the cardio for the best burn though, those nasty lil cross trainers.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Gym Junkies Club