It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Free Newsletter

The best for home gym?

A place for gym junkies to talk gym.

Moderator: Moderators

The best for home gym?

Postby tiffanyp » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:13 pm

Hi Girls,
I cant believe it, but my husband phone tonight (he is out fishing, that is what he does for a living) and he was asking me how my weigh in went thismorning and if I was still on track with my food intake - which I could say "Great, fantastic, lost 3 kilo last week, alls going brilliantly darling!" Then he asked "How about the excercise"....
now.. that is a problem. I have two children and I work fulltime from anywhere between 8.30-6.30pm. I usually eat my evening meal at my mother-in-laws where my children are during the holidays.
Anyway, I just cant seem to fit excercise in!
I explained this AGAIN to my persistent husband and you know what he said?
He said, "We need to get your a piece of excercise equipment so you can excercise at home!".
YIPPEE
I am thrilled!!! But the problem here is, I dont know what we should get!

A bike (nah, it hurts my uknowwhatsit)
A Treadmill
What.... c'mon you gym junkies! What should I be looking for!

I just want to burn calories!

Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:47 am

lol now you will have to find time to use it at home!

i think crosstrainers are awesome and i know a few members here use them :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:48 am

i think cross trainers are awesome too, low impact and u can up your workout as you get fitter and fitter
Jisgone

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:42 am

I think crosstrainers too :D It is low impact, and works your arms and your legs at the same time, hence burning more calories. I like mine because it is quieter as well, meaning I don't have to turn up the telly so loud and annoy the neighbours :wink:

Most of them have magnetic resistance, so you can change the intensity. Also you would need one with readouts of time (so you know how long you have left to go!) and distance (so you can add your km's to the excercise challenge lol). The calorie readouts can be a bit dodgy unless you have one that lets you record your weight. Some have programs as well, but I prefer to just use the manual one so I can adjust the resistance to suit myself (hate being told what to do :lol: ) Oh and you can get them with battery backup, in case of power failures!

My poor crosstrainer broke on NYE though... finally have someone coming around to fix it tonight yay! It is Infiniti brand - their service department is pretty good, so I would recommend that brand (would be good if I never had to call the service department but anyway :roll: )
SarahC

Postby tiffanyp » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:22 am

Umm, sorry to sound so dumb. But what does a cross trainer look like? Is that like the old Eliptical Trainer? Where your arms and legs move at once?

I used to have an Eliptical Trainer, but found that it didnt do very much, aside from making the tops of my legs beefy with big muscles!

Can someone fill me in please... thanks :D

Virgin Gym Junkie :lol:
Tiffany
tiffanyp

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:31 am

yes
kate_turner2000

Postby Pinkie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:14 am

Hi Tiff

Yeah I love my crosstrainer. I swear by it. I had a treadmill before and when it broke down I got this one:

http://www.danozdirect.com.au/MintDigit ... ductId=583

It's exactly that one LOL - nothing flash but it works for me. Tones everything up!!

Here's another pic of a more fancy one

Good luck - let us know what you end up getting!!
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby tiffanyp » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:59 am

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I will let you know what we get....

Cheers
Tiff :D
tiffanyp

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:12 pm

Have you thought about getting a rower, Tiffany??
They're fantastic for both upper and lower body, and you can vary the resistance and they have programs on them and all sorts. Loads of fun :D
Extremely good for the core muscles as you also have to concentrate on holding yourself upright as you row!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby laura » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:17 pm

You should go to a gym and try the equipment to see what's best for you. I think treadmills are great but so expensive, bike's are ok, at the beginning you'll have a sore buttom :oops: but you'll get used with it :lol: . I really don't like crosstrainers and I can't explain why, I know they are very popular and people find them really good but I just don't like them.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVPFGZa/]
[/url]
laura

Postby Lols » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:43 pm

my parents have really just splashed out on a home gym -they made my little room which currently only has a cross trainer and a couple of free weights in it look mediocre but anyway they bought my dream piece of gym equipment ..... A ROWER! Oh i want one.

I never used to like cross trainers always felt a little bit uncoordinated on them but since have got used to them.
Lols

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:54 pm

Rowers are great, I love em :D Versa-climbers are great too - what a workout!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:35 pm

I'm a cross trainer girl....love them and boy do they burn through the calories. Great if you can get one with various settings and workouts to get variety.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:56 am

Hey Laura...I have a little pillow that I have attached to my exercise bike (actually tied it on so it doesn't come off when you get on it!)...stops the sore bum syndrome!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby tiffanyp » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:34 pm

OMG :shock: Girls, you are all scaring me!!!!!!

You all sound so.... FIT!!! :shock:

I literally have not had time to scratch myself in the past few days.
All I cant think at the moment, is when am I going to get my ironing done!!!
I worked flat out from 8.30am to 7.00pm yesterday, then I was home feeding kids, doing bath time, seeing to my husband, who is very demanding :x I literally fell in to bed at 11pm, and was up again to the kids within an hour (Joseph, my youngest had bad dreams or something!) and he wanted to 'brush his teeth' in the bathroom in the middle of the night!! :?: Then I had left the house by 8.15am thismorning after getting breakfast for everyone, tidying up, ironing some of the enormous amount of clothing that is piling up and I still havent stopped for a breath today, then have a meeting to go to from 5.30pm tonight and I wont get home until 8pm which is the time for me to put the kids to bed (takes ages - over demanding kids as well) no doubt I will have to clean up from my husbands poor attempt at cooking and if I get half an hour I will do a bit more ironing as I have to work on the weekend!
OMG...how do you girls fit all this in!!!!!
Tiffany
tiffanyp

Next

Return to Gym Junkies Club