It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:16 am

Free Newsletter

The best for home gym?

A place for gym junkies to talk gym.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:38 pm

I have to fit it in cos if I don't, I go nuts!! It's an addiction for me now. I never thought it would be, but I get sooo grumpy if I can't fit in exercise, so I make time.
This is why I became a personal trainer :P
zeedeveelgirl

Postby tiffanyp » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:57 pm

Dont suppose you want to come live with me in Port Lincln :D :lol: :wink:
tiffanyp

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:14 pm

Well it's easy for me as I don't have kids. I fit my main exercise in during my lunch break as I know I won't really do it any other time. I sometimes fit in extra exercise 1-2 nights per week for about 45-60 mins as soon as I get home around 5pm for my weight session or else I do one on the weekend. I don't fit in any more due to other commitments and what I am doing works for the goals that I have. My health is a priority for me now and if I was looking for a new job it has to have a 1 hr lunch break with a close gym or I will not be interested as that is the best time for me to workout. If it really came to the crunch I would get up an hour earlier to fit it in there but my gym isn't open that early as I leave for work around 6am.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:40 pm

Tiffany you sound flat out! You are probably burning up a tonne of calories just running around after everyone :shock:

I'm a bit lucky in that I live by myself with no children or husbands to look after. Just looking after myself is enough work on it's own. And I live about 10 mins from my work which helps a lot also.

I go to the gym every day before work and go for a walk at lunchtime. Sometimes I fit in an extra 20 mins or so at night as well. Excercise is a bit of a priority for me as I am addicted to it and would go a bit nutty if I didn't do it. I get the jitters :oops:

Do you get a lunch break at work where you could go for a quick walk? That relieves some stress :D
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:41 pm

Hahah Sarah, I get the jitters from exercise withdrawal too!!! It's just a way of life now!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby tree » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:23 am

Before you buy any excercize equipment I would suggest that you hire one for 3 months and see if you like it. Most places now do treadmill, rowers, and cross trainers.

It is an extra expense but it is a great way to see which one suits you best and how much you REALLY use it.

My mum was dead keen on an excercize bike and swore black and blue that if we pitched in and bought her a good one for Christmas she would use it every day.

We hired one as a trial and she gave up after 2 weeks. I am so glad we did not spend the money!
T.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg
tree

Previous

Return to Gym Junkies Club