It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:03 am

Free Newsletter

Excercise, self-worth, RPM and cycling

A place for gym junkies to talk gym.

Moderator: Moderators

Excercise, self-worth, RPM and cycling

Postby Lexi_Louise » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:45 am

Looking over the gym junkie threads, i was wondering if anyone else is an RPM (or spin) addict? I guess i'm a bit limited as due to ligament damage in my knee i have to stay away from free moving aerobics classes.........but i LOVE rpm. I've even gone so far as to get a bike for riding out in the real world....!

An interesting observation of how our minds work........
Almost as soon as i got my new bike my head was saying........you won't ride much.......and you will certainly never be able to keep up with any other riders........and you shouldn't have bought it.........yada yada yada..........

Of course, as a consequence of the negative talk.......i think i sabotaged myself for a while by losing confidence........and not riding!
Think i will be back on track soon though ....it's just so good being able to write stuff to everyone on the forum and hear all the self-talk which hold us back from succeeding.

I am coming to realise that my confidence and self-worth...and hence eating habits are closely tied to doing excercise.........
If i keep up my exercise (and I mean i do PUSH myself ...i love to really sweat it out).......then i find it so much more natural to eat healthy and moderately.

THAT's where the motivation comes in..........! :) :) :)
I want to get out into the world.......NOW!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wi1Qi0O/]
Lexi_Louise

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:52 am

i dont go to classes lexi but a new gym in my area has hydro riders- like a spin classs but the bikes are in a pool so you have the water resistance. wonder if you have anything like that in tassie?
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:19 pm

Yup, I was an RPM addict. Unfortunately with my job and study starting soon I'm going to have to give up my gym membership because I just won't get the time to go down there :( But I loooove RPM, and my instructor was so fantastic and inspirational!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Lexi_Louise » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:32 pm

the hydro-riders sound awesome Kate..........but don't reckon they will get to Tas for a while..........lol
I want to get out into the world.......NOW!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wi1Qi0O/]
Lexi_Louise

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:19 pm

LOL too funny

it does look like fun and good for beginners or people who have cycled a fair few times :) keep an eye out for it
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:53 pm

Us poor taswegians are so far behind we have only had 4 tv stations for 5 years or so lol
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby KimE » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:57 pm

I have thought about the RPM class but the bike kinda drives me mental so I steer clear of it now. However, that class I reckon I could find motivating and get into it. I too like to have a good sweat and I know what you mean about it promoting healthy eating. When I've had a good workout the last thing I want to fuel my body with is something crappy. That thinking, however, doens't follow me all the time! :roll:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Gym Junkies Club