It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:49 am

Free Newsletter

RPM

A place for gym junkies to talk gym.

Moderator: Moderators

RPM

Postby Roar2Life » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:59 pm

I just joined the gym and they run the Les Mills RPM class which i'd really like to do as I love riding my exercise bike but i'm scared I won't be able to ride fast enough. I know it sounds stupid but it's the only thing holding me back :oops: . Does anyone here do it and if so do you need to be able to ride at a certain speed? I usually ride about 30km/h.
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby Ally » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:58 am

HI Roar...no I haven't done anything like it before however the only suggestion that I would have is to jump in with both feet!! I understand why you are a bit hesitant, but if you don't go you will be left asking the "what if" question....when you do go, don't worry if you can't keep up mate...it gives you something to aim for each time you go to improve your speed......all sounds like fun, let us know how you go!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby yummymummy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:37 pm

Nope Ive never done a RPM class myself but give it a go!! My sister teaches a RPM class about 4 times a week and she has the firmest bum Ive ever seen so GO FOR IT i say
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:23 pm

I've done it once I really enjoyed it part from the after math I was really bruised down there & I had a graiz from the seat on my inner thigh, the first time I tried it but I will do it again one day soon. Don't worry about that you wont be fast enough you will be suprised when you do the class I had fun give it ago
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:58 pm

when i think of rpm classes i think of romy and michelle haha
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:51 pm

rpm = spinning?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:01 pm

yeah theyre on bikes in high heels and mini dresses haha
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:05 pm

i've done spinning & rpm classes in the past and i love them!

don't worry about not being able to go fast enough or anything - the beauty of these classes is that you can go at your own pace & level of difficulty. you have controls on your bike (like an exercise bike) of how tough it is and you can choose where you start depending on your fitness etc. they do push you really hard - but in a good way!

if they offer a beginners sort of class, i'd recommend it - the first spinning class i went to was an introduction class and they told you how to adjust the bike settings & things like the seat and it made it easier at my first real class. but i'm sure they'd help you out anyways. just make sure you get to the class early enough to set up your bike how you want it & you absolutely need water & a towel!
sassi

Re: RPM

Postby kaze » Fri May 16, 2008 10:02 am

Try it!! Ít's a great class. If you let the instructor know you are new they will help you set up your bike to suit. The beauty of this class is that you can go at your own level. You can keep the load low and try to keep up with the music or just go along at your own pace. Take it easy though. Your legs will be sore later. Another tip from a female perspective is to maybe get a gel seat cover to put on the bike as the seats are really hard and make you very sore. I love this class and hope you get to love it as much as I do.
Kaze
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7skEAh/]
[/url]
kaze

Re: RPM

Postby bel207 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Fantastic class, makes you wet with sweat but you can take it at own pace, personally I like to go hard. first class you think you will never return, but do stick with it cause it gets so much easier in no time at all!
bel207

Return to Gym Junkies Club