It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:27 am

Free Newsletter

Tip for Sore Muscles

A place for gym junkies to talk gym.

Moderator: Moderators

Tip for Sore Muscles

Postby loveat116 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:34 pm

This tip just comes from experience really.

I find that my muscles NEVER ache after I stretch for about 15 minutes after an exercise session. I stretch my legs, arms, back, groin and shoulders, and ankles.

I just assumed everyone stretched! But I was talking to a coworker and she said she never has time, so she just goes through the pain! It also increases your flexibility, because heaps of cardio can shorten muscles and decrease flexibility.

Just thought id put this out there, because ive seen a few posts where people say they are sore after exercise.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Re: Tip for Sore Muscles

Postby Phat-Beth » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm also a huge advocate of stretching. Not only does it help you recoup from your workout faster, it also helps prevent overuse injuries from working out over time.

I stretch before I workout and before I go to bed (I don't stretch right after my workout, I like to enjoy some of post-workout adrenaline high), and the difference it's made on me is incredible. I sleep better, workout better, and can concentrate better throughout the day!

Beth
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam removed from signature.
Phat-Beth

Re: Tip for Sore Muscles

Postby andie7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Doing a warm up stretching before starting an exercise routine and cooling down, also by stretching, afterwards, can save anyone a ton of muscle pain. It is also a good practice to keep hydrating oneself while exercising and increase ones intake of supplements such as vitamin B, magnesium, potassium and calcium to strengthen the muscles.

It is also best to keep in mind that our body has its limit and we should know how to listen to it. :)
andie7

Return to Gym Junkies Club