It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

The Long Run

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Long Run

Postby Runner » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Yay, 11th run done! I ran for 7mins three times with a 1min walk break. As I was running I figured that in 23minutes I ran for 21 of them! I've got one more 7min run to go and then it hops to 9min. I am thinking for my next run I am going to see how I feel at the 7min mark and then decide if I want to go on for 9mins. The 9mins is repeated twice in the schedule but I want to do it three times. I would mean that I am running for 27mins, getting up to the time I will be doing on my last run. But we will see, I'll go off how I am feeling.

Best wishes everyone!
Runner

Postby Czarina » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Good work! :D
Czarina

Postby Runner » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks Czarina! Although this run didn't work out how I planned. I got the first 7min done but got a massive stich in the second 7min after 5min. I blame the vegetable morney pie I had just an hour before. Stupid. I tried to streach it out and walked for 4min but when I tried to start again it was just as bad. I ended up getting 14mins done total before I decided that'll do me for today. So then I went and hit the pool for an hour.

So will try again on wednesday.
Runner

Postby Runner » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Yay! I owned my run today! Awesome! I just felt great. I mean I was hot and sweaty and breathing heavy but it was awesome. I didn't repeat my last run and went straight onto 9mins running and 1min walking repeated 3 times. Which means I just completed my 13th run, woowho! The best bit it I was going to wimp out but I just put my gear on and went! At this stage I'm pretty confident I'm going to be able to run the 30mins when I get to it, the really hard part I think will be not giving into any negative thoughts I might get as i'm running it.

I have to do a training session at work on friday so I won't have time to run which is anoying. I might retry the 5k I did at the start on staurday and see if I'm feeling any better through it.

Hope your all doing well

Runner.
Runner

Postby Czarina » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:55 am

Well done. I hope I can do what you're doing one day!
Czarina

Postby Runner » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Hey Czarina, why not start? Your BMI I reckon is perfect for running, especially since your only 900grams from goal, how amazing are you!

Well I went for a repeat of the 5k I ran in the first week I started running again. And it was Awesome! Yay! I ran all the way except for about 10m of walking past doctor Huges house at the end of a long steep hill, (at 18:30) crossing the highway and the steep hill near the very end of the 5k. (about 60m). I did it in a time of 37:58. So I very nearly got to my goal of running for 30mins non stop. And I am stoked!
I reckon I can definantly call myself a jogger in the very least. Now my next goal is to be able to do the same run in 35 and then 30mins.

On monday I will be back to my regular training program which will be 10mins running with 1min walk breaks repeated 3 times. But I might just keep going if I feel okay.

Best wishes everyone!

Runner
Runner

Postby Runner » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:02 pm

YAY! GOAL ACHIEVED!!!!

On my monday run I ran for 30mins nonstop! I did it on the oval near work so it was nice and flat, unlike the oval near my house which has this deceptive slope in it, its so sneaky! I did it pretty well, it was still hard, but now I'm just looking forward to my running getting faster and easier. I'm going to have to mix up my running abit now to get a bit more speed, by doing some interval training and fartlek, maybe even a few hill runs. Theres a really steep hill to the lookout above the oval that I would love to be able to run up, its about 300m long and at an angle of about 40 degrees.

Today I did a run I used to do at my first attempt at the 30mins. Its about 4k or so long, not really sure coz it follows a bike track thats hard to measure in the car. I was doing it in about 27mins at my best last time, today I did it in 26:04. I didn't make it all the way running, I got a massive stitch like the one a got a bit back, man they hurt, I couldn't work through it and had to walk about 100m through the harvey norman car park. Stitches are funny things, if i get one its usually a small one under my rib on the right side, and you can work through it, but this one I had today was like all my guts were all twisted up.
So I walked it out. I must have made a few drivers look, walking along the side of the road with my hands above my head!

Weight wise I'm doing well, I was at 61.3kg today so about 2kg down since I started.

Best wishes everyone,

Runner
Runner

Postby Runner » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Well I did something I probably shouldn't have today, I did the 'walcha' run which is another old run I used to do when I was trying to get to 30mins running last time. I could never run the whole way. Well today I did run the whole way! Even up the hill at the end which I told myself the whole way around that I wouldn't have to do i if I could just get to the bottom of it. The bad bit is that you are only ment to increase your time running by about 10% at a time. It took me 44:02 to do it today, so thats about 30% more. Then again I did a 38min run last sat, so maybe it was okay. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
My netx run will be monday, i'm going to do some interval training. Not sure yet what intervals but I definantly want to start working up a bit more speed in my running.

Best Wishes everyone

Runner.
Runner

Postby fi_112 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:58 am

Well done, you are doing so fantastically! :) :) :) xox
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Runner » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Thanks Fi, I missed the race I was going to do at the weekend. So not really sure where my running is headed now. Its hard coz I only have a general aim of getting faster and further. I am going to have to work out a proper training plan I think.
Well I tried doing a fartlek session today. Not sure how I went, it felt so different to what I usually do. I only did about 25mins to. Tomorrow I am going to do the giraween run. Just to make sure I still have my endurance. I am so worried about losing it!

Catch you soon

Runner
Runner

Postby Runner » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:42 pm

I so need to do a training plan, Its hard when I don't have such a definante goal to aim towards. Anyone ever done one? Today I tried to do a tempo run, a shorter distance at a faster pace. I ran about 3 km to the uni faster than I normally run in 20:45. On friday I am going to do the walcha run and see if I can make it all the way again.

Weight wise I am doing really well, I have been eating very cleanly lately, with lots of fresh veggies and fibre rich food.

Best wishes everyone

Runner
Runner

Postby Runner » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Well I did the walcha run today, it was so hard. I got a small stich after the first 200m that didn't go away the whole run. My legs just didn't seem to want to work as well, and felt heavy. I took my time climbing over the two gates and had to walk up the hill at the end. And it was hot. So my time was slower than last time, 45:57. Kinda bummed me. But I guess aleast I was out there.
I think two days off will do me good.

See you monday!
Runner

Postby Runner » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Well after what I am going to call 'carbo loading' at the weekend and monday, I had a really good run today. I did the giraween run and added in a lap of the oval at the end, so about an extra 700m. No walk breaks and I think I found I way to alivate stitches. Small ones anyway. I concentrate on my out breath keeping it steady until I squeeze the last bit of air out of my lungs. (Thats what I visualise anyway) Then just let the in breath happen. I had read about this technique somewhere and had tried it before, but never had it work till I did the squeezing thing. I hope it works next time.

I think for the time being I am just going to concentrate on consolidating what I have got and working on increasing my milage rather than worrying about intervals, and hill runs for the moment. I really want to incorporate these different traing sessions in at some time. I just think I need more guidence with them.

Keep on running,

Runner.
Runner

Postby Runner » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:03 pm

Okay, I gotta brag, I just ran 10km! Yay me! It was a fairy flat route with a few long shallow hills. I ran it in 1hour 12mins. It was from town to the uni, around the 3km running track they have and then back into town. I was planning to stop after the running track having run 7.5km and go for a swim at the uni pool, but I was just feeling so good. I didn't know how long it was going to be and guessed at about 9, but I mapped it when I got home and it was 10! I got to admit, I was pretty sore about a k from the end. I have a blister on my foot to. Its pretty naughty to increase your distance by more than 10% and I had been only running 6km. So total rest day tomorrow. I just feel so accomplised now though. I had been planning to do a 10km run in june, and still will, but theres also a 21km the same day. very interesting. specialy since finishers get a medal!
Runner

Postby Runner » Mon May 31, 2010 12:04 pm

Is that really how long it has been since I last posted?! I've been a bit bussy lately, I got married and only got back from the honeymoon last saturday. I am dying for a run! Its been about 3weeks I think. I have no idea about how it is going to go, how far i should try for or how much harder it will be. I think what I will do is the walcha run but only try to run the paddock parts and walk home. Sould be about a 20min run and 30min walk. So nervous. But it is scheduled in for 3:30.
Runner

PreviousNext

Return to The Maintenance Crew