It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:26 pm

Free Newsletter

The Long Run

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Long Run

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 31, 2010 12:05 pm

Congratulations on your wedding, Runner! And good luck with your run today. I hope you really enjoy it. :mrgreen:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Czarina » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Congratulations!!! :D
Czarina

Postby Runner » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanks for the congrats guys! It was a small gathering, we got married on a mountian top, the same place he proposed.

As for my running I don't know wether to be happy with the amount of fitness I've kept or upset with how much I have lost!

My first run was what I was expecting, I did two ten minute runs with a minute break in between. I was however hopeing that I hadn't lost any fitness in the 4 weeks I didn't run, it didn't happen. Gotta love wishful thinking!

So over the last week I have just been running for longer in each session and so I have been improving. The thing is that now I have gone off the pill, I'm not really sure if I should continue. I had read somewhere that you can if you keep your heart rate at 140. So I got a heart rate moniter and it gets and sits at about 170. (heart rate moniters rock by the way, should have got one so much sooner!) I have also read that if you can talk with out too much difficulty thats a good indication you not going too hard. So I had a convo with myself and it wasn't too bad but how difficult is difficult? So a bit confused. Anyone here had experience with running while pregnant? (not that I am, but i hope I am in the future)

best wishes everyone
Runner
Runner

Previous

Return to The Maintenance Crew