It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:31 am

Free Newsletter

My body love thread

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

My body love thread

Postby fi_112 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:04 am

Hi all,

Well I have managed to maintain my goal weight of 62ish kg for a good few weeks now without peeking back into the 63s so I thought I would start my maintenance thread. FINALLY. After so long and changing my goal so many times! (It started at 69kg.. go figure!)

I'm 177cm, and I started at 79kg and a size 14, with about 30% body fat.
Now I'm 62kg and a size 8. My body fat is somewhere around 18%. I have posted a pic in before and after pics.

The main purpose of this thread is to track my journey as I learn to love my body. My weight loss journey hasn't been smooth sailing and it has become apparent that I have several issues that I am yet to shake. I want to work hard on them because I want to live my life to the fullest, and to do so I need to learn to love and accept myself entirely as I am. Even now, my issues are telling me to keep losing weight - how good would 61kg feel? - other girls your height are in the 50s - blah blah blah, so this is me fighting back, saying enough is enough and taking control!!

I have been reading some holistic health books for women and I feel ready to face my demons, work out my issues while at the same time maintaining this fit and fabulous body I have worked so hard for!

Wish me luck!!

PS. I know a weight loss forum may not be the place that I belong but I have been coming on here for years so I hope nobody minds! :)
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Re: My body love thread

Postby fi_112 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Body love is going okay... I went away for the weekend and tried hard to relax my eating habits and just observe how I felt about it all. I discovered that sugar really is my weakness - I generally love healthy food and can easily say no to junk, unless it's a special treat - but once I have that first bite of sugar I'm a madwoman who wants MORE MORE MORE. Then I feel guilty and out of control and that's when the negativity starts. I have started monitoring my sugar cravings and intake, and am trying to cut it down. I have been doing some research into the topic and discovered that there is actually scientific brain chemistry reasons behind our addictions to sugar, so that's quite interesting.

Still maintaining at 62 kg... :)
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:02 pm

61.3 kg this morning!! I am good at losing and gaining but not so good at maintaining!!

I tried out vegetarianism last week. Glad I gave it a go but I don't think my body liked it much, I felt a bit funny and unsatisfied. Probably because I do quite a lot of weight training. But chicken once or twice a week usually does me, plus lots of beans and nuts for protein. Any advice from the veggo's out there is most welcome - perhaps I didn't give it a go for long enough?

Anyway haven't been pretty good with with eating, but nibbling a bit and then on Friday I had icecream for dinner because I was so tired! And last night I only had a piece of bread with peanut butter for dinner! Works for the weight loss but not great for the health aspect :)

I am proud of myself that I always make the healthy choices now, with treats every now and then but barely ever binge. I have found an awesome website - firstyourself - that is helping with the emotional side of my issues. Feeling pretty good about life atm.

Will try and be more consistent with my diet this week.
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Down to 60.3 kg!! Not so good at maintaining! :)

Drank way too much last weekend so having a lovely quiet one this weekend. Am loving poledancing at the moment too!

Other than that just the usual. Being healthy bout 90% of the time and gymming 4 times a week (plus a pole lesson and a walk) but still enjoying a day off every now and then.
fi_112

Return to The Maintenance Crew