It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:44 am

Free Newsletter

Kim's Maintenance Progress

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby SarahC » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:34 am

Well done on making it to 5 months Kim. I'm very impressed! You definitely deserve all those compliments you've been getting :D Good work on the weight training too!
SarahC

Postby KimE » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:05 pm

Thanks Sarah it's another incentive to keep going too. As you know you still need motivation to stay at your goal once there so every bit helps.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby KimE » Sat May 12, 2007 11:34 am

Well I have managed 6 months now so I can say I have maintained for 1/2 a year. Very happy with that.

Have managed my weights a little better over the last 3 months due to being more accountable on the 12 week challenge, although I did have one week where I missed out altogether but such is life at times. Started the cool running C25K program 5 weeks ago. For those of you who don't know the idea of this program is to get you from the couch to runniing 5ks within 8 weeks. This week I managed 20 mins straight jogging with no breaks and that was a pretty big deal for me. I had been jogging on and off before hand but kept experiencing calf muscle problems and have found since doing this program as well as following there stretching program I have had no muscle problems so stretching is vitally important to a good training program, especially if you know you have weak areas.

Have decided to change gyms when my fitness first contract finishes at the end of May as they are a brisk 10 min walk away which means my walking is counted as part of my workout but with a closer gym I could get more equipment time. Also I will have more time at the gym and could fit in a weight workout or a class which I can't fit in now. There is a YMCA directly across the road from work so I will join there when I get back to work in 3 weeks. Plus with winter coming in I can still run on the treadmill when the days get nasty and with it being right across the road, even if it is raining, it will be easy to get to. I will also get some new DVD's shortly and will give you all a run down of them when I do.

3 weeks of holiday and I feel I really need the rest so will take it easy, eat well and plenty of exercise. Make the most of the days before they get too cold.

I read something recently "You must realise that days of eating anything you want are gone forever if you really want to achieve long term and permanent weight loss." - Shannan Ponton. This is I guess what maintenance is about and perhaps is the reason why it is not easy to stay at goal once achieved. It is easy to think now I have lost the weight I can go back to eating whatever I like and before you know it have put weight on again. For me I don't feel I need to be quite so hard as Shannan has said that I cannot have whatever I want, but I do have to be conscious of how much and how often. For example I still eat chocolate but when I buy it, I tend to buy a bar instead of a block and then generally don't eat the whole bar in one go. Not because I can't fit it in but because I think about what it is doing for me and what would be the outcome if I had this everyday. Well I have photos to show the outcome and have promised myself never to back to those days. So these days I have learnt to balance the treats much better and they now don't form the larger part of my diet as they once did.

Enough chattering from me.....till next time.

Don't ever give up!

Love and Hugs

:D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 12, 2007 1:34 pm

hey kimmy you are one very cool chick! you are doing so well and isnt it funny how as you lose weight you learn new things but it doesnt end once you get the weight off. you have to continue to be the best you can be health wise and you learn tricks and info each day to help you for life. you are a real inspiration kim and i would be lost without you here!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat May 12, 2007 2:43 pm

Wow Kim, you are doing sooo well! 6 months, What an achievement!! I hope I can follow in your footsteps, I love reading your maintenance pages especially because we're the same height (157cm, am I correct?) and my next goal weight is the same as yours :)

Good on you for running 20 mins straight!! Running is such hard work, especially out on the road!

Keep at it girl, you're making us all proud :)
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Sat May 12, 2007 3:30 pm

Thanks gals.

Em, yes I am 157cm too or 5 foot 2 to those who are metrically challenged. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby milkyway » Sat May 12, 2007 9:53 pm

Congrats Kim at reaching the 6 month mark :) You've done an amazing job and should be so proud of yourself. I especially enjoy reading about your running progress. It's amazing how quickly you've come through the program and are now jogging for 20 mins straight! Awesome suff. Keep up the good work - you really are an inspiration around here.

Sandra
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KimE » Mon May 14, 2007 12:10 pm

Cheers Sandra I am really enjoying the running program.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Wed May 16, 2007 10:14 am

Well done on 6 months Kim! That is such a great achievement, and I think a lot harder to do than losing weight initially :D Good work with the running too!
SarahC

Postby KimE » Wed May 16, 2007 12:50 pm

Cheers Sarah, you're doing a great job yourself. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat May 19, 2007 3:47 pm

Hi Kim it was great to read your progress....you are doing such a fantastic job and I can really see the changes in your general attitude towards things!! Thankyou for being a great role model for us, proving that it can be done!!

Congrats on your running progress too....it must be such a wonderful achievement to know how far you have come in such a short period of time!!

Thanks again Kim! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Sun May 20, 2007 1:10 pm

wow Kim 6 months have flown havent they. It is such a fantastic achievement and a huge inspiration for you to maintain and show us, still loosing, how it can be done. Thanks for paving the way to success.... 8) 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:22 am

Crikey I promise to do an update over this weekend. Promise! :oops:
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:51 pm

wheres that boot?! ahaha just kidding - take it easy kimmy