It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Kim's Maintenance Progress

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Yogi-Bear » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:55 pm

All Hail KimE!!

I finally found where you hang as the kids at school say 8) . You are an inspiration. It is not everything but a slim 39 must feel better than I imagine an 85kg 39 might otherwise feel. You're amazing!!
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby KimE » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:48 pm

Aww thanks Yogi and you are right I reckon I am fitter and healthier now than I was when I was 19!

It's great this forum has a maintenance section too as it can be just as important as the weightloss itself plus I get to hang around and annoy everyone else too. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:56 pm

KimE wrote:Aww thanks Yogi and you are right I reckon I am fitter and healthier now than I was when I was 19!

It's great this forum has a maintenance section too as it can be just as important as the weightloss itself plus I get to hang around and annoy everyone else too. :D

we love ya kimmy and would be lost without your knowledge :)
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:34 pm

hear hear, i second that, kate!!! we love our kimmy!!

and i totally agree about the maintenance section being awesome, kim! i like being able to hang round and bug people :P and it helps keep me on track too!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Aww you two are getting me teary eyed! Thanks and *hugs* for ya both.

You're right Em I wonder if I hadn't stayed here if I would have stayed on track as well as I have, you just never know.

Plus I loves ya back so I would miss you all too much. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:14 pm

Nyawwww warm and fuzzies :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:37 pm

Hi KimE,

Just dropping by to say Hi again.....

HI!!!!!

Do you ever feel smug when you consider us mortals way down there, wriggling in the mud? :twisted:
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby KimE » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:30 pm

Hi Yogi, never, it was such a hard thing to do so I feel for anyone still in the midst of it. Maintenance aint that much easier either....something for you all to look forward to. :twisted:

Which brings me to my update. Was supposed to get this done last weekend but you all know how 'good' (NOT) I am at updating my own progress.

So 9 months have gone by since I decided maintenance was the place for me. In that time I have gone over my 60kgs a few times but at last weigh in (Saturday 11th) I was 59.1kgs which I have been for some time now. I always get suspicious when the scales read exactly the same, almost like they are stuck or something. Anyway, I am very pleased with that and having got back into the gym full on since May and my holiday I am feeling great. I don't seem to be as 'light' as I was before yet I can still fit all my clothes as well if not better so I am wondering if the new weights program has added some muscle. I have also noticed my hips are becoming slimmer at a quick rate. I can only think it is really the running that is doing that. I now have some size 8 jeans....don't freak out yet...they are not really size 8, that is the label says size 8 but I know they are more like a 10. Stupid sizes, I tried on 3 different types of levis and all of them were a different size so the cut determines a lot too.

Had a health check up at the gym a couple of weeks ago and I had had an increase in pretty much all of the categories with my biceps being bigger by 1/2 cm LOL, it gave me a laugh but I still think it is good. VO2 thingy (technical I know) was up by 3% in 7 weeks (don't really know if that is good but the PT was thrilled) which puts me up to 36%, she suggested 40% is really where I want to be. Again the running is helping with this and the nasty hill I climb on the weekends as part of my walk doesn't get me as puffed as it once did.

Running...well I am thoroughly enjoying this and now run 30 mins three times a week. That's 30 mins non stop folks! Woohoo, oh and I run slightly faster outside than I do inside. I did a 4.5 km run last Wednesday outdoors and got back to the 'start' point before my 30 min running playlist ended whereas on the treadmill I currently seem to do around 4.5 right on the 30 mins mark. I can't increase the time at the gym due to having to get back to work (how inconvenient :roll:) so on the treadmill I will work on increasing speed and/or incline. Outdoors I can increase the time slowly if I like. My routine at the moment is 3 days jogging, 2 days weights and whatever I like on the other days. Usually one of those days is a good long walk with some nasty hills but I am hanging out for a bit of rowing action at the gym and may have to fit that in too. The PT has a bit of a mind set like me where weights are concerned as in none of this high rep low weight bollocks and the last change was to add another set to the routine but now I change the weight progressively over the 3 sets. That last one is HARD! I loves it. As part of the membership with YMCA you get a health check up with a PT whenever you like and that will include making any changes to your program. I guess it depends how interested you are in that sort of thing but since I am interested the PT I have really encourages me. She knows I like to feel/see a difference and that I will work hard towards that end. We change the program again in about 3 weeks.

So, how to maintain and 9 months does not by any means make me an expert. Weightloss success is considered in years not months. However, a few tips perhaps. Build habits that you can live with and enjoy for life. All that great effort you put into your exercise and eating will have to continue even into maintenance. I still exercise most days of the week just as before. I still eat very 'clean' during the week and have treats at the weekend. This way I get to 'have what I like' in moderation. When I went onto maintenance my food really did not change, I increased the quantities in some places so I wouldn't continue to lose weight but the types of food have not changed. I have made this my way of life.

I have blabbed enough and at some point need to get off my butt and do a new photo...I think I promised a levi photo! Take care all, keep up the great effort it really is worth it.

Loves ya!
:D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:06 pm

Kim, you inspire me so much, you are such an inspiration to everyone on this forum.

Thank you for your tips and advice. What you say is so true, once goal is reached exercise and healthy eating must be maintained - it is for life.

Looking forward to see an update pic.

Happy exercising.

Ps I know what you mean about running, I love it. I used to run competitively as a kid and have found my passion for it again. I find that I go fast on a treadmill than I do out doors. Out doors there are hills and stairs and people to overcome. The tready I just run comfortable on 10.5 and increase it (I like to push myself on the treadmill) and when running outdoors I focus on the scenery :D

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby chubba momma » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:10 pm

Im new here but just wanted to say well done on all your weightloss and maintaining it. Its an inspiration to read staories of people achieving their goals
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:40 pm

Hiya Kimmy!

Sounds like you're going great guns at the gym, that PT sure sounds like she knows a few things! :D Your gym sounds great and like it's really helping you with your fitness too. Well done on the running and 'beating' your playlist on your iPod.

I love your updates, they're always so positive and you've always progressed so much with your training and stuff :)
Go Kim :D

Em oxox
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:10 am

HI KIM

thanks for the tips theyre really helpful :) glad to hear about the 1/2growth of the biceps :) thats cute hehe. you are doing well for yourself and i cant wait to see a new photo :)
oxoxox
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:25 am

just echoing everyone else - you really are an inspiration kim. you're so positive and your advice is really helpful in keeping me focussed. and your line about it being worth it really hit home.

i'd be exactly the same with the pt & the health info - i'm getting more & more interested in it!

look forward to seeing the updated photos :)
sassi

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:33 pm

Thanks everyone, your comments are appreciated. I just realised how long that post was, so thanks for reading.
:D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:48 pm

Well I have now been on maitenance for 11 months and am still under my set goal of 60kgs.

Yesterday I weighed in at 58.3kgs and I am pleased with that.

The last month has been rather hit and miss in that I haven't exercised and eaten as well as usual for many reasons.

This month I am determined to get back on track. Eventhough I didn't have any problems weight wise it is the habits that form quickly that I am careful of.

I have gotten back to running too and try for 3 days a week running, 2 days weights training with a good long walk at the weekend including nasty hills. One day a week off depending on how I am feeling.

All is going well but I don't get to come on here as much as I used to.

My apologies but I only find time to say hello to the newbies and update any challenges or weigh ins.

Still loves ya all and wish everyone the very best.

Hugs
Kim
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

PreviousNext

Return to The Maintenance Crew