It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:57 am

Free Newsletter

Kim's Maintenance Progress

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:16 pm

Go kim . A bike way cool . I can just picture u ridin down the highway in your leathers . Wooooohoooo .Go for it dude
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby ~Ash~ » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:39 pm

what sort of bike is it kim? i love motorbikes, my sister and i have a honda 250 trail bike dad bought us, but i never get to ride it now cos i moved out and dad wouldn't let me take the bike, lol..
my sis also just bought a kawasaki ninja (one of the little ones, since she's still on her p's), i'm so jealous cos i so can't afford one! although since i still havn't had time to get my licence it's probably a good thing!
congratz on all your hard work, you really do look like a personal trainer or something in your pics! hope you enjoy the new bike!
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:21 am

Cool, a new motorbike 8) Well done Kim, you have earnt it! Looking forward to seeing the pics :D
SarahC

Postby KimE » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:43 pm

Well so far on track to pick her up Saturday. 650cc Yamaha Vstar Custom....red! Yayyy she is beautiful and you will definitely see a pic of her when I get her.

Thanks for your comments everyone. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:09 pm

Woohoo Kim!!Congrats on your new baby!! Can't wait to see the pics and oh I love your new maintainence sticker!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:44 am

Yay Kim. Just be careful on the bike! But have fun.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:30 am

Always careful Rochelle. I even wear all the gear if I am just going to the shops less than 1km away. Which obviously isn't very often as I would rather walk there.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby KimE » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:51 am

1st December weigh in 57.8kgs. I will now be weighing in once a month or there abouts depending on the challenges I am in.

Well, I am happy with my progress this week. I have decided to go for 55kgs during the next 12 week challenge but to be honest I'm not worried how long it takes to get there. Each week just helps me to understand my body better and how it reacts to what I eat and do. The last 4 weeks have been interesting in terms of my maintenance progress. Lost a bit more weight than I really expected to at 1.7kgs and would like to slow that down to about 1kg per month or less till I get to 55. Slow and steady.

I have been eating more healthy stuff to increase the cals but have also noticed more naughties than usual creeping in, especially after dinner which is a little unusual for me. Despite that I have noticed that my losses seem in line with how much exercise I have done the week before rather than what I have eaten, so I see how it would be easy to fool myself into thinking I can eat anything and get away with it. I watch my food during the week and relax more at the weekend without going absolutely silly.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:57 am

you are doing well kim. :) i enjoy reading about how you are going and as i say i will be asking you for tips when i reach maintenance! you will get to 55kg slow and steady... and at least you are below 60kg which was what your plan was anyway. yay!!! keep up the great work you are a champ!- p.s. hows that bike going?
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:10 am

Thanks Kate and as I said am happy to help out where I can.

Yep so long as I stay under 60kgs I will be able to fit into the new clothes I have been buying. Can't remember being 55kgs before so thought I would like to see that but I reckon I will maintain between 55 and 58 being realistic.

Bike is AWESOME...LOL will take some time to get used to the finer points as she is 60kgs heavier than my other one but once we're on the road all is fine. She rides so well, better suspension so comfier ride, smoother gear changes with the shaft drive and no stupid applying of chain lube every other day. Costs a bit more in petrol due to larger engine but still way cheaper than a car. Can even manage to get her through some tight traffic spots that have surprised even me! Good job too or I don't know how long I would have been in that awful Friday traffic if not for being able to cruise up the middle....yes I take it easy and don't hoon through at 100ks. Biggest problem keeping my speed down, boy she has some power and is the right size for me, so pleased I didn't get anything bigger. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:17 am

Might have to change your name to Biker_Babe Kim!!! She sounds awesome ( and so does the bike :P ).

Well done on your maintainence Kim, you are doing so well and learning how to keep your weight at a steady pace is probably harder than actually losing weight!! I think you are doing a fantastic job and you are certainly an inspiration to those of us who will be in your position soon!!! Thanks mate and keep up the great work.
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:17 am

so glad to hear you are enjoying your bike kim. you worked bloody hard for it :) like all new things it takes awhile to get used to it. glad to hear you are a sensible lass :)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:26 am

Kim it must feel fantastic to be under 60 kg, I can only dream of that at this stage :lol:

you have done so well , 55kg will come quickly enough if this year and how quick it has gone is anything to go by. slow and steady is my motto too 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Ally » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:39 am

You keep going Debby and it will happen for you sooner than you think mate!! YOu are going great!
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:59 am

Maintenance certainly is an interesting ride that's for sure. I am wrapped being under 60kgs and have to pinch myself every now and again.

Debbie you are going great. Almost 25kgs lost that is a fantastic achievement.

The next 3 weeks will be interesting leading up to Christmas. Lots of things to attend and I think sometimes I will do very well and sometimes I will do very bad. Will try my best to limit the bad. Off to a hotel in the city tonight as we are going to see a band called G3 (3 awesome guitarists rocking out) so I am really looking forward to that.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

PreviousNext

Return to The Maintenance Crew