It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:12 am

Free Newsletter

Kim's Maintenance Progress

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby slimmindown » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:04 am

Kim you are doing a great job at maintaining your weight, especially over the silly season, exercise and moderation certainly are the key. You have made some great points and are a great role model 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:21 am

Thanks Sarah and Deb.

Well I have made another decision. LOL they seem to happen regularly...imagine that! My hubby confessed to me that he thought I was starting to look gaunt before Christmas. He didn't say anything as he wanted to see if I would gain weight over Christmas and see if he could see the difference and make a comparison. He fessed up and said he thinks I look a lot better with a little bit more weight on. I admit I could see it too once I went below 58kgs it seems after that point weight noticeably comes off my face and makes me look a bit sickly. I always said I never wanted to look that way and knew he would be the first to tell me if it was starting to happen. So I am not going to head for 55kgs as I think perfect strangers will come up and start trying to feed me. :lol: I think around 58kgs is where I will stay. 55kgs was more for curiosity sake than needing to get there as I am already in my healthy weight range and thoroughly pleased with my achievements so far. So my challenge remains the same, to maintain my weight under 60kgs.

Just wanted to get that off my chest and thought this the ideal place to do so.
:D
Last edited by KimE on Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:56 am

Ok now I have this mental image of you in a zoo Kim and people coming up and offering you cakes and lollies!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

I think it is great for you to have been able to see that mate...I guess that is what it is all about...finding out where you are happy to be at!! Your hubby sounds like a great support and it is great that he can approach you and say what it is on his mind!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:13 pm

hey kim
its great that frank is so honest with you. he is supporting you as well :) its great to have that reality check and stop for a minute and really look at where you are. i think you look wonderful the way you are!!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:24 pm

Good on you for knowing your boundaries and your limits, Kim!! It is hard because you think "if I just lose a bit more...", but your hubby is great for having told you his opinion!
We don't want you looking like a skeleton :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:50 pm

You know what Emma it is really easy to get into that mind set and get so caught up in it you just keep going and going. Frank, my hubby, is a good sort and I am pleased he said something, besides I had been asking him a couple of weeks before how he felt about my weight loss.

Kim being fed Image LOL Ally couldn't find anything better.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:07 pm

It really is so easy to get caught up in it and to just keep going. I want to get to 60kg but I'll see how I go because I'm at 68 now and everyone keeps telling me that I'd be too small 8kg heavier. I have a hell of a lot of muscle which means I weigh more. But we'll see!
It's awesome that your husband is so involved in your weight loss though :) It must be great to have someone so supportive.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:20 pm

hehehehhe Kim, that pic works for me!!! LOL :lol: :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:04 pm

hanging for an update kimmy!!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:10 pm

Was just thinking that today too!! :) Update Update, We want Update!! :P
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:49 pm

Hehe! :P Will update at the weekend, not quite end of month but it will do.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:15 pm

yay i cant wait!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:18 pm

That will be my 12 week mark so it will be timely to do an update. Yayyy long weekend coming up.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby evilwomaniamshe » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:19 am

KUDOS to you Kim! I am new here, so I had no idea you were in maintenance, until I just read your post, which was by the way an amazing read. So even though I am a newbie, I felt some CONGRATULATIONS are in order for you! WOO HOO, you really went for it girl, be proud be very proud of yourself, everyone knows this is not an easy task and you nailed it! You obvioulsy were bound and determined to stick to your game plan and you made it to the finish line, that must be an awesome feeling? I am very PROUD of you for reaching your goal that you set for yourself, that is some determination girl and you must know you are an inspiration to everyone on this site. I wish you continued success in your life of maintaining now... Thank you again for welcoming me to this website, I hope oneday I too, can be at the maintenance phase of my life. I have yo-yoed all of my life and now that I am nearly 40, I hope I figure it out this time around so I can be a success story, just like KIM!
evilwomaniamshe
evilwomaniamshe

Postby KimE » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:25 pm

Thanks evilwoman! You're right determination and sticking to your game plan make a difference.

Well here I am at 12 weeks on maintenance. Not quite 3 month on the calendar but what's 4 days between friends. I am still going strong as you can see and have met my goal of staying below 60kgs for 12 weeks, pleased with that especially as that period had Christmas in there. Although looking at the calendar there won't be a 3 month period without something coming up that usually involves a lot of food :roll: as Ned would say, such is life. I went back and read my first post when I went onto maintenance and it was good to remind me of my plan and see where I was at.

Maintenance Plan
- Continue to do cardio exercise at least 5 days per week
Still doing well here over the last 12 weeks have averaged 5 days per week
- Continue to do weights for at least 2 days per week
Hmm well I try to do this twice per week. But in reality I am doing it 2 times per week about half the time. Need to find a weight challenge to keep me at it cause I feel great afterwards and I love having a more defined look.
- Maintain weight below 60kgs
Have done so for the entire 12 week period, Weigh in today 57.7kgs
- Body fat % between 20-25%
Body fat measurement for week ending 27/01/07 21.7%
- Monitor food intake daily, monitor progress weekly, weigh-in monthly
Still doing all this except over the Christmas period when I relaxed a lot. Put on some weight at that time and have since lost it again and a tiny bit more.

So that's it. Happy with my progress, still loving the exercise. I find I can have a few more 'treats' than I used to have but still not everyday and of course the regular exercise keeps that in check. I find it difficult to actually 'hold' my weight at a certain point and have learnt not to freak out with a 1/2 kilo fluctuation it happens and some weeks I find I just eat better than other weeks. I still eat reasonably clean about 80% of the time with 20% off for good behaviour! :D

Happy weight losing to you all and thanks for reading. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

PreviousNext

Return to The Maintenance Crew