Well looks as though I have just about reached my target weight - yay!! BUT the challenge has only just begun. The REAL test for me will be to maintain my new weight. As I may have already mentioned, I have reached my goal weight of 49kg at least three times before, and the longest I've been able to stay there has been about a month
The problem is that I reward myself with food, and lots of it. I have seen this starting to happen already this past week and I'm putting a stop to it now.
I don't think that I could bear having to go through this one more time
I deliberately took extreme measures to lose the weight this time, putting myself on "diets" (never done that before) and excercising three times a day
. Reason being so I would remember exactly how hard it was and to motivate myself to not undo all the hard work.
Here's what I've achieved:
- Loss of at least 5kg (from almost 55kg down to nearly 49kg)
- 7 cm lost from my waist (was 76cm, now approaching 69cm - amazing since my goal there was 72cm!)
- I can now comfortably fit into every single item in my wardrobe. Today I'm wearing the smallest pants I have and they're quite comfy. And tried on my smallest dress last week - zipped up no dramas and was a bit loose even
- I feel a bit more in control of my eating. And also feel less hungry since changing to a high protein/low carb diet. That's pretty major since beforehand I was almost always hungry
So... to maintain all these great things, I need a plan. And here it is:
Start: 6 Nov 06
Finish: 18 Feb 07
(I've just finished a similar plan, that also went for about three months. Didn't post it on here, but it's been on a bit of paper on my fridge. It expired yesterday lol)
- To be maintained under 50kg, but ideally at 49kg
- Continue include protein with every meal
- Continue avoiding high carb foods, especially bread/toast (my weakness), pasta, rice, corn thins/rice cakes (another weakness), sugary foods like chocolate and icecream.... etc!
- Maintain daily intake below
7000kJ, but allow one day per week to go no higher
- The food diary confession: I cheat! Sometimes I operate on an eat now pay later principle... meaning I can eat something now, and record it under a different day. This means, I could start off a day with as much as 2000kJ already written down from maybe a week ago! I will no longer do this.
- Eating at night: Another drama, I wake up during the night and eat
I will stick to raw veggies only (celery, carrot, beans, etc.) But if absolutely necessary... one small snack, no more than 300kJ.
- I won't eat standing up in the kitchen! I'll put all my food on a plate or in a bowl, and I will SIT DOWN to eat it. (Gosh this will be a hard one
- I will go to bed feeling slightly hungry (as opposed to stuffed stupid!)
- Continue drinking at least 2L of water a day... even on the weekends.
- A good weights session (at least 20 mins, working all major muscle groups), 2 times a week. Includes cardio warmup.
- Abdominal workout, 2 times a week. Includes cardio warmup.
- Cardio workout, 2 times a week.
- The seventh day: something different. Could be a group excercise class, swimming, riding a bike, etc. To give my body a change!
- Still walking every lunchtime when I'm at work, and I will try to cut back my cardio at night to just 2-3 nights per week (if I can!)
- Sometimes a problem for me
so the goal needs to be stated: Maximum 6 standard drinks per week.
- I'll report my success or otherwise in here every week on Sunday.
*coming up for air*
Finally... a BIG THANK YOU to everyone on this forum! I could not have reached this stage without you