It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Maintenance Plan

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:03 am

well done sarah!!

4 star week, yeah!!! :D
Mandie

Postby KimE » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:41 pm

Well done Sarah 4 stars is great, you are doing so well. Nice work with the exercise as always. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:52 am

Progress report: Week 3 (of 15)

Yep, late again. My internet connection at home is still not working. I am about to throw the computer out the window :x

1. Weight: Well, it was 48.5 on Friday and 49.8 this morning. Still under 50, but creeping up slowly but surely :(

2. Diet: Still extremely bad. I have written a huge confession in the "confessional" section :cry:

3. Excercise: I would assume the only thing keeping my weight under control at the moment. Got it all in, and went to Step class on Monday. I was tired beyond belief yesterday, but forced myself to go on a very long walk before dinner - it was horrible, especially considering I was breaking in new shoes, and I pigged out once I got home, but anyway :roll:

4. Alcohol: I drank all 6 of the standard drinks lol... including a Christmas cocktail party on Thursday 8)

5. Reporting: Better late than never :wink:

This week 4 stars (I think I'll need to attach a weighting to the "diet" star, as this makes my week look way better than it actually was :? )
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:05 am

keep up the great work sarah- its not meant to be easy but you are going well day to day :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:19 pm

Oh Sarah keep your chin up. This maintenance business seems just as hard as the initial weight loss. Stick with it you will feel so proud of yourself to maintain for the 15 weeks you have set. Get your eating back under control and that looks like it will be 1/2 the battle. Keep at it.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:47 am

Progress report: Week 4 (of 15)

1. Weight: My scales said 48.7kg on Friday, so can't complain there :?

2. Diet: Well imagine how bad it could possibly be... it's worse than that :shock: I started off the week quite well, but ended up very very badly. My family's beautiful little cat had to be put down on Friday :cry: and I spent the weekend at my parent's place (surrounded by cakes, biscuits, ice cream etc, etc) so I really didn't stand a chance :(

3. Excercise: I completed everything, under sufferance! I dragged myself to the Pump class on Saturday, which went pretty badly as I was upset about my cat (just found out about her the night before) - was doing the chest presses, lying down on the bench, and tears ended up coming out of my eyes and down into my hair! Good look lol.

4. Alcohol: I went to a seminar on Thursday for work, and there was free food and alcohol afterwards. So, I stayed and had a couple of glasses of wine, then went off for dinner and had another one... etc, etc. I stuck to the 6 standard drinks, but ended up with a bit of a hangover the next day... so I'm in two minds as to whether I deserve a star or not. Maybe just a half a one :? And I didn't have anything on Friday like I was planning to, and I easily could have since I had an interview that day and found out about my cat that evening, so I guess that's good...

5. Reporting: Yep, just gotta get my internet fixed at home so I can attempt to use less of work's resources lol.

This week: 3 1/2 stars

Next week and all the way through to Christmas: 5 stars :twisted:

:cry: :cry: :cry:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:08 am

we had a cat, buddy, who looked just like that. we found out recently that my step brother (he was a family cat and lived with each of us at some point of time) had to be put down bacause he was old and was forgetting where he lived and it was sad. :( keep going on with life though sarah, im sure he wont be forgotten.
you did well this past week :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:18 am

I'm sorry to hear about your cat Sarah... it's always awful to lose a pet isn't it.

On a side note - I can't believe you had six drinks and were still okay.. last time I had six standard drinks I hardly remember the night, and I was trashed! And I'm like more than twice your size! It's not fair, I can't hold my alcohol at all!
Mandie

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:01 pm

Hugglles to u mate . Its hard when we lose a pet but they are always with us in some way . U did good considering the week u had mate and still completed your exercise .
JUles
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Ally » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:50 pm

Oh Sarah.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: hugs to you mate, I am crying with you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:02 am

Thanks for all your comments guys... starting to feel a little better, it's still sad though :(

In honor of the silly season, I'm making a temporary adjustment to my alcohol goal - for this week and the next three weeks. After NYE I'll be back to the original goal. I've decided to set a limit for the week depending on how many "drinking occasions" (ie, dinners, parties, etc, etc) there are in the week. Here we go.
One occasion - six standard drinks
Two occasions - eight standard drinks
Three occasions - ten standard drinks

(Normally one glass of wine will be 1.5 standard drinks, so just a bit of maths involved to determine how many glasses of wine this adds up to lol)

Progress report: Week 5 (of 15)

1. Weight: Still under 49kgs :shock:

2. Diet: Well, I have posted all my eating for the week in the diary section. I started off pretty well... then slid quite dramatically towards the end. But, if we totally disregard Sunday's efforts, it's actually not toooo bad. I'm giving myself half a star for trying, and will be posting my diary again for another week.

3. Excercise: Yawn... same as usual. I did the Pump class again this week which I started doing in order to give my body a change from the usual LOL. Gotta think of something different again... hmmmm.

4. Alcohol: Yes, well :roll: The grand tally for this week (an estimation of course) FIFTEEN (15) standard drinks :shock: How embarassing!! I had three "drinking occasions" this week, being a cocktail party on Thursday, meeting friends for drinks on Saturday and a family gathering on Sunday, which means a max of 10 drinks for me. I think that at least six of the drinks I had this week could really have been avoided... so no star for me this week :(

5. Reporting: Well I have fessed up at least :roll:

This week: 3 1/2 stars :(
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:26 am

well done sarah, i really enjoy reading it all :) you must be stoked that you are under 49!! if you are having a drink enjoy it! dont feel bad about it :) its a special time of year and if you are accomodating those drinks into your daily allowances then you might as well say 'cheers' and enjoy them :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:44 pm

Good on you Sarah your still under your goal so that is fantastic.

It's not easy this time of the year that's for sure I we all just need to do the best we can and not stress over the extras too much.

Love reading your progress by the way. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:15 pm

I feel so smart :shock:

This is a graph of my weight loss. I had been recording it on an Excel spreadsheet (I'm an engineer, it's what we do :roll: ). I somehow emailed the graph to myself at home, and it came thru as jpeg file. Beauty - into the photobucket it goes.

How good does this look...

Yeah, I am still a bit surprised that my weight has remained low even with the volumes of food that I have been eating. It's amazing lol. The next few weeks are going to be very difficult, for us all, with the glut of christmas and new year celebrations. We can only do our best I suppose :wink:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:04 am

thats awesome sarah! when i reach maintenance can you do one of those for me if i give you the figures?
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to The Maintenance Crew