It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:25 am

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Maintenance Plan

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:43 pm

wow what a cool name. very shakespearean. :) i would jsut call him 'o' for short :) glad the wedding was nice though, the colours sounded like a great combination :) fingers crossed you get to spend some time with 'o' this year :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:45 pm

Hehe, not sure I would call him "o".. I think of something else when I think of that :oops: He sometimes shortens it to "Otty", which is probably better :?

Finally a picture of the wedding. I am told that some were taken of me, but don't have any yet. This one's pretty good though..

Also, I'm getting a "roommate" here at work. No more office to myself! So, I won't be able to come on here as much during the day as I will have someone looking over my shoulder :(
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:47 pm

wow a church wedding! they all looked lovely sarah :) thanks for sharing that with us :) as for the room mate :evil: :!: :x thumbs down to that!! what a pain! i am sure you can sneak on - maybe move your desk so they cant see your monitor haha
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:58 pm

It could be a good thing.. it is forcing me to clean my office. There is two years worth of junk accumulated in here :shock: Today is my two year anniversary I cannot believe I have been here for two years!!!!! I started the day after Anzac Day 2005 :shock:

I also got into a bit of trouble last year for excessive internet usage, so a little less time on the net and a little more time working cannot hurt :roll:

Any luck he'll be out of the office most of the time anyway lol.
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:24 pm

wow 2 years! i hope they got you a cake or something
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Tue May 01, 2007 5:48 pm

Haha, no cake! I don't think anyone even knew :roll:

Oh well, report time!

Progress Report: 19 April - 30 April

1. Weight: I weighed 49.3kg a few days ago. I have been so good and only weighed myself the once during the time! I didn't think I'd be able to last that long as I was quite addicted to my scales, but I feel so much better for it. Now I can have something to work towards... that is, the next time the scales come out of the cupboard! My waist measurement has come down a couple of cm's, so I know that some weight is coming off, it's just not showing up on the scales :?

2. Diet: Hasn't been overwhelmingly brilliant this time. I only managed 5 good days out of 12, and they weren't really that good. I won't give myself a star this time, because I know that I can do better!!

3. Excercise: Same as usual lol. I missed half of one of my ab workouts on Sunday night.... I was the last day of my three-day seminar (9am-10:30pm Fri and Sat, and 9am to 7pm Sunday). It really took a lot out of me, so I decided to crash. I will make it up though. Not enough damage to cause me to lose my star anyway!

4. Alcohol: I had a drink with dinner Friday and Saturday, that's it. Another star for me :D

5: Relaxation: Well this is gonna be good. I listened to my tapes only three times, but I got in tonnes at the seminar. There was a lot of "eyes closed" excercises... I guess they were creative visualisation / hypnosis kind of excercises. My gosh did it work!! I feel like a completely different person :shock:

Basically the whole weekend was about freeing yourself of all the blocks that you have (that you have created) that are preventing you from achieving success in life and being what you know you can be :D I now understand why I have not been able to do any work while at work and why I have felt so bad about myself, my personality and my body... and it helped so much to start to let those things go!

How exciting, I was able to get a tonne of free tickets to give out to anyone that wants them for the next seminar. It normally costs $895, but you need to know people who know people to get them for free. I'll post once I get them in the mail, and I'll send info and tickets if anyone wants :D I think it's on again around August/September, in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, and there was one other, can't remember it at the moment :oops:

Nearly forgot... 4 stars for me :D
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 01, 2007 7:00 pm

well done on the four stars sarah, i bet you were very pleased with that effort this past week :) those seminars are great arent they! you always come out of them feeling re energised! i wont grab any tickets off you though cos i cant get a babysitter however id be interested in hearing if anyone hear goes and what their thoughts on it are.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Tue May 01, 2007 8:33 pm

Well done Sarah that seminar sounds amazing. I was thinking how late it went and thought blow that just for work but if it is for yourself then that is another story and it's good to invest that sort of time in yourself.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Wed May 02, 2007 9:36 am

Yeah it was a great three days, although very exhausting! I am sleeping the sleep of the dead at the moment. Two nights in a row (and counting!) of not eating in the middle of the night hehe :twisted:
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed May 02, 2007 7:06 pm

Sounds like you're doing well mate :) That sucks that you're getting a roommate, but as you said it's forced you to clear out all your junk :P Happy 2-year anniversary too!!!

Wow, that seminar sounds great!!! I'd love to go but it's not in Adelaide :( Boooo!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Thu May 03, 2007 9:39 am

Thanks Emma. Yeah it was great to get things a bit cleared out in here. Although I did shove a few piles straight into my cupboard which will need to be dealt with eventually :roll: It's good to have a change!!

Not sure if the seminar would be in Adelaide or not. It certainly wasn't this time, because I was sitting next to a girl who had just come in from Adelaide (she flew to Melb especially :shock: ). I'll post the proper details when I get myself sorted out :D
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Tue May 22, 2007 11:38 am

This is ridiculously late, but anyway :oops:

Progress Report: 1 May - 12 May

1. Weight: I finished up weighing just on 49kgs (I'm not that anymore though :( ) so a star here.

2. Diet: Not even close.... as per usual!

3. Excercise: All that and a bit more to make up for all the food lol.

4. Alcohol: Well with my 30th birthday on the 12 May I think I have a pretty good excuse here! I didn't drink so much on my birthday, but the night before I was in the city and thought I'd have a couple of glasses of wine to relax/celebrate before the big day... I had three glasses and was really not feeling the best the next day. Very strange indeed that was, but they were reasonable sized glasses and I did drink them fairly quickly :?

5. Relaxation: I got in a few sessions with my tapes, plus I stayed in a nice hotel in the city on the 11th and 12th so got in a few spas and saunas hehe :)

All up: 3 stars.

That is the end of that maintenance plan now. So, time for a new one. I just haven't figured out what it's going to be yet :oops: But, as I may/may not be going overseas in August/September, that will be the approximate timeline of the plan. I'll be trying my best to get rid of as much fat as I can before then, because I know it will all come back on immediately after I leave :lol:

For the time being, I'm finishing off the final 12 days of the 36 that I started, and then I'll do the 10 day recovery phase.... which takes me through to about 6th June. By that stage I will have something figured out. I've started reading "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle", which ought to give me some good ideas 8)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 22, 2007 11:46 am

hey sarah wow your stay at the hotel for a couple of nights sounds divine! lucky girl you. and your trip overseas is something to look forward to. i really really hope you get to go. fingers crossed and keep up the great work :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:39 am

Thanks Kate. I hope so to! I'll be more excited once I have a definite date set... I'm still waiting on a reply to an email I sent over two weeks ago! Lucky I am a patient person :roll:

I've decided to cut the recovery phase my program short and start on a new program that I've just invented. I've made up a three-week excercise program, that I based on a little brochure that I picked up in a health food store LOL. I've also devised a bit of an eating plan, which I hope will get rid of some of my nasty eating habits (namely, eating after dinner, and during the night when I wake up.. yuck!!).

My idea is that this will just be an interim plan for the next three weeks, while I am reading "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle". After I'm finished with that, I will have some more defined plans and goals. By the looks of it, I don't think I'll be able to go into it with my bad eating habits still with me :?

Anyway, here's the plan:

Weight:
- Less than 50kg
- Only get on the scales once a week, most likely Saturdays
- Get myself a pair of skinfold calipers to determine my bodyfat % (I have BIA scales, but find they are far from accurate!!)

Diet:
- I have devised a three point system, which is:
1. Calorie intake less than 7500kJ (about 1800Cal). Half a point for less than 8000kJ, just to stop me going completely overboard if my total is like 7600kJ hehehe!!!
2. My food diary... everything that I eat is recorded, even if it means weighing many miniscule portions over the evening! AND everything is recorded under the correct day!
3. No eating overnight. Nothing to eat after I go to bed for the night, or after 10pm, whichever comes first!
- So I have a maximum score of 3 points every day. I'll give myself an overall score out of 21 for each week.

Alcohol:
- Only on social occasions.
- Limit of two glasses of wine per occasion.
- No hangovers!!!

Excercise:
- All the weights and abdominal sessions as written in my program.
- At least an hour of cardio per day
- I'm also doing the Global Corporate Challenge for work, meaning I'm wearing a pedometer for the next three months :cry: . So my goal is a minimum of 10,000 steps. I've been averaging 17,000 steps so this should not be too hard!

Check back in three weeks :wink:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:16 pm

looks really interesting sarah and also pretty straightforward so it should be ok to stick to. let us know how you go we miss u!
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to The Maintenance Crew