It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Maintenance Plan

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:52 pm

Sounds like you've got it all under control, Sarah! What a good plan it sounds like that you've come up with!
Good luck with it, let us know how it goes :D

PS Did your boss ever say anything to you about the whole internet usage thing?
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:51 am

Oops I forgot to update about that :oops: He mentioned it briefly during my annual review a couple of weeks ago, and that's it. No terrible punishments... in fact I got a pay rise!! :shock: No wonder I am developing shocking discipline in the workplace!
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:31 am

wow yay for the payrise!! Image
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:45 pm

Hahahah your boss rocks, Sarah :P
zeedeveelgirl

Postby milkyway » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:47 pm

Congrats on the pay rise ... and I hope you're not checking this message at work :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby SarahC » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:37 am

Would I do a thing like that? :oops:

Yes, I have to say that I have an extremely lenient boss. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. I think that being in hospitality and then the Navy, I got used to being jumped on the minute I put a foot wrong. No-one is going to do that for me here... so I'm just going to have to learn to rap myself over the knuckles :roll:
SarahC

Postby KimE » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:47 pm

You're still going great Sarah and that is funny about the internet usage...haha and you still got a pay rise. That's what we like to hear!

How are you enjoying 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle'? I have it too and found it very useful, love his no nonsense style.

I was supposed to join a Global Corporate Challenge but was away whilst it was being organised. Gave someone my email at home in case they got it up and running but nothing came of it. Best of luck with that.

Great to read your updates as always....makes me realise how slack I am with mine. :oops:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi Kim! Yeah, the book is great. I have been sneakily reading it at work :oops: I'm stressing at the 5-6 meals a day thing... I normally eat like 8-10 times a day. I'm determining how I'm going to combine all those snacks into 5 or 6 proper meals. And how I'm going to manage to go for 2.5 to 3 hours without eating :shock:

I'm also thinking I should start increasing the carbs just a little. I realised that I have only been eating about 15% of my calories from carbs, which is quite low. I will see about working my way up to 20-25% and see how that goes...
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:15 am

This is a bit late, but anyway! I finished up the previous plan, which was only three weeks while I was deciding what to do, with mixed success. My weight stayed under 50kgs which is something. I also bought some skin fold calipers and have been practicing measuring my body fat. I'm getting better at it, but it is very difficult to get a consistent result!

As usual I completed all my excercise, but the eating has been a different story. I had three goals to achieve each day and have been giving myself a score out of 3 every day and adding up the total at the end of the week, with the maximum score being 21. I've averaged about 8 out of 21 :oops: Enough said....

So the new plan, which I started this week:

1. Weight:
- Under 50kgs, as per usual

2. Body fat:
I'll measure this once a week, which is quite a lot, but I need the practice. I can't set an exact goal because the measurements are so dodgy at the moment. But I'll say this...
- Trending downwards (ie, I can see it is decreasing overall, even though some weeks may be more than others)
- Initial goal of 2kg loss in body fat. (Note - my ticker is measuring body fat loss, not overall weight loss.... please no-one freak out I'm not trying to become an anorexic!)
- No loss in lean body mass

3. Alcohol:
- Still aiming at the two glass limit.

4. Diet:
- The three daily goals still stand
- I will improve my weekly score each week!
- One day soon I will achieve all three goals... and maybe one week I will achieve full marks of 21!
- I'm also attempting a "zig-zag" eating pattern, which will be: 3-days low carb, low calories (15% carb, 6500kJ at this stage), and 1-day moderate carb, moderate calories (30% carb, 8500kJ).

Excercise:
- I've got a program written out for my weight training. Basically I'm excercising 3 body parts each session, with three excercises per body part. Each excercise is three sets of 6-12 reps... it takes about 35-45 mins I'm finding. Three days on and one day off. It's a very busy program, so it will be interesting to see what the results are :)

And that's it. I can't say how long I'll keep at this as it depends when/if I am going overseas to visit my friend...... I haven't heard from him in a couple of months and I'm starting to get a little peeved :x :roll:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:16 am

I forgot! My parents' new cat... finally :D

SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:05 pm

hey sarah i hope that you hEAR from othello ? soon. its hard to organise things when you dont know whats happening :? the pussy cat is absolutely gorgeous hehe. what is its name? is it a well behaved cat?

how are you going with the whole relaxation thing each week? have you been doing anything in that area of late or have you been too busy? make sure you make some 'me' time!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:37 pm

The cat's called "Tilly". Actually she's not all that well behaved... she's just gone and used my mum's good couch as a scratching post! My mum now has had to stick cotton balls soaked in vapo rub over the couch to keep her away.

I've been a bit slack on the relaxation. I was finding that the stress of trying to fit it in was cancelling out the relaxing effect!! I will do something from time to time but no set goals.

I'm going to be changing gyms at the end of next month (unbelievable my current gym has a 30 day notice period for cancellations, so I have to wait!). They have a few body balance classes in the evenings that I could go to, so that will be good :)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:07 pm

wow my ex's family had a cat called tilly too. must be a good cat name :)

enjoy your new gym. is it more expensive?
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:12 pm

No, it's about $5 less per month ($29 as opposed to $34) plus with more hours. Where I am at the moment, they open at 6am and, because I have an "off peak" membership, I can't go in after 4:30pm. This one opens at 5:30am (giving me more workout time and a better chance of getting to work on time at 8am) and I can go after work if I want as well :)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:15 pm

sounds like a good rate sarah, let us know how you go :)
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to The Maintenance Crew