It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:06 pm

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Maintenance Plan

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:56 am

I know exactly what you mean, Sarah!! Somewhere warm and sunny would be soo good right about now!! I'm sick of feeling freezing :( Mmm QLD looks good!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:43 pm

I hear you about the warmth!! Yesterday my hubby saw a car covered in snow. It isn't snowing in Whittlesea but up at King Lake....still too close for comfort!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:50 am

Snow :shock: Brrrrr.....

Got my holiday booked yesterday! I'm flying to Adelaide then catching the Ghan up to Darwin, staying there for about 4 days (not sure what I'll do there just yet), then flying back to Melbourne. I'm doing the sleep sitting up thing on the train (please let me be able to sleep!!) and going to have a go "roughing it" in some youth hostels. Never stayed in one before, but I figure if I could manage life on a ship in the Navy then a backpacker hostel should not be a challenge. August 25th I'm going for a week.... that's 5 weeks to get my bum into gear :P
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:53 am

wow good on you sarah sounds like an adventure- its one of those things where you meet lifelong friends and maybe even the love of your life :)

i spent much time in african hostels- its challenging but you meet some really great people :)
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:41 pm

Id love to head back up to Darwin, i thought it was beautiful!! Definalty go and check out the litchfield national park, it has lots of beautiful waterfalls and some you can swim in. Watch out for the crocs!! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby SarahC » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:57 pm

I am sure that I will meet many interesting people... and hopefully no crocodiles!! Litchfield sounds great. I've also been looking at Kakadu. It will be great to see some natural beauty after staring at the awful grey Melbourne suburbs for so long :)
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:01 am

Just a quick update. I'm now officially in countdown mode. I have 24 days in which to make up for the last 5 months of overeating :shock: I'm starting again on my "Metabolic Surge" program, remember the 3 lots of 12 days. I'm only doing the first 2 rounds of 12 days, as I only have 24 days remaining (gosh I can do maths!) The excercise program is a no brainer, but still I just need to focus on my eating, sticking to my calorie limits and not picking or overeating. I'll post my progress for that in the food diary section.

So, for me it's 5 days of low carb eating, then a day of protein only and a day of no protein (which will be veggies only), then 5 days of normal (ie, moderate carb) eating to finish off. And no binging!!

If I can ditch a kilo in the next 24 days I'll be pretty happy with myself. Weigh in will be Friday I think. Wish me luck :wink:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:52 pm

hey sarah where are you? lol how did the seminar go? hope you are ok!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:35 pm

Good call Kate, where are you Sarah? Hope you are well and we see you soon.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby sassi » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:37 pm

sarah's daily food diary always makes me hungry. i miss it...and her! come back sarah :D
sassi

Postby SarahC » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:24 pm

Thanks guys, how nice of you :D

Bad news I'm afraid... got pinged again for my internet use at work :( I'm terrified to go anywhere near the internet while at work. My boss told me last Thursday afternoon, the day before the seminar started. So I had the whole weekend to stew over it, then when I get back to work Monday, he is sick and has been sick all week. It is torture not knowing what is going to happen and if I'll still have a job! Needless to say, my job hunting is now in full swing!!!

The seminar was unreal. Saturday night though I caught an extreme case of the sads... I was almost in tears while everyone else around me was jumping up and down with excitement! Just cause of the whole internet thing :( But yeah I am now more determined than ever to find a job that I truly enjoy and is rewarding and satisfying (and pays heaps too :wink: ) I've been to two networking functions this week and managed to get a few good leads, so I'm feeling encouraged.

I also decided for sure to take on the Body for Life 12-week challenge. Conveniently it starts on 3rd September, the day after I get back from my holiday. I'm going to prove once and for all that it is possible for me to lose all (well, nearly all, within reason!!) of my body fat and conquer my awful eating problems! I've officially cracked it. I'm waging war. I know that I have some unreal muscles hiding somewhere and I'm just so curious to strip the fat so I can actually see them! Standby for full details of my plan for achieving this :lol:

Bed time for me! I have been sleeping like the dead this past week. The weekend really took it out of me! A neat side effect of this is that I haven't eaten in the middle of the night, because I haven't woken up hahaha.

Night :)
SarahC

Postby Ally » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:10 am

Hey Sarah I hope you are able to find another job that you enjoy doing.....my hubby worked a job that he hated and it really played havoc on him, so I can only imagine what you are going through....as you say you have some good leads, so I really hope they pan out for you!!

This has probably been explained before but if you dont mind me asking what is the Body For Life Program?? Again I hope you enjoy it and you find those "hidden" muscles :)

It is great that you are getting some really good sleep in, there is nothing better than a good nights sleep!! I think it makes the days much more manageable!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:16 am

hey sarah

glad to hear you are still around, we have missed you thats for sure and totally understand if we dont see you around as much due to the work thing. it probably scared the hell out of you! i would have been packing it thats for sure. best wishes for the job hunting, you sound really confident and im sure the right job for you is out there somewhere :) its a shame that your company isnt so lenient with internet. micks allowed to use the net at work as long as its in his lunchbreak, but being a manager of his section he has had to pull a lot of people up on their internet usage during work hours. its pretty scary. however, you can only rise up above all this mate and im looking forward to reading what is new for you in the fat shedding area :) xoxox
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:26 am

Great to hear from you Sarah, we missed you. :D

That would be scary being warned about internet usage at work. Where I work some people are on it seems like 1/2 the day and nothing gets said to them. I sometimes pop on here if I get a quick chance but it depends on what my day is like and to be honest I prefer to have a full day it's just not always like that. The upside is it will get you moving on finding a better job so good luck with you hunting.

I'm glad you enjoyed the seminar and it sounds like you got something out of it as well as some good sleep!

When does your holiday start? It can't be long now.

Good luck with the new program and let us know how it goes.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:10 am

Yes it was scary, especially being the third time it's happened! I think that's the other thing I got out of the seminar was that I realised that my motivation issue is because I'm in the wrong place! It's just so hard to leave when I'm so comfortabe... I'm earing a packet of money and live only 10 mins away from work :(

There's info on the Body for Life challenge on http://www.bodyforlife.com - it's basically healthy eating and excercise for 12 weeks. There's guidelines regarding eating and excercise on the website that you're meant to follow. You have to take before and after photos, and there's some written questions to answer. I'm on a mission to win, just for the prize money! I'm pretty keen to do some further courses following the Breakthrough to Success weekend, so money is required :P

This time next week I leave for my holiday. Just for a week. I think I need it!!
SarahC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maintenance Crew