It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:10 am

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Maintenance Plan

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:47 pm

Hiya Sarah! Good to have you back, I missed you around here too! Eep, that's not good that you've gotten into trouble again over your internet usage :( I know exactly what you mean when you say you do it because you're not working at the right place. I was always on the net and writing novel-length emails to my friends at most of my old admin jobs!! When the motivation's not there it's impossible!!

Good luck with the Body For Life Challenge, sounds great :D Keep us updated on your progress throughout it!!
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby loveat116 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi Sarah!

You have a great points system going on there (score out of 21 each week), its a great way to measure your progress.

Would you mind if I did something similar?
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby milkyway » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:52 pm

Hi Sarah - I've known people who have done Body For Life with great success. Can't wait to hear about your progress.

Good luck with your job hunting. I know it's hard when you're working somewhere you really don't want to be :( Hopefully that's all going to work out for you.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby SarahC » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:59 am

Thanks guys :D

Sure Ella, feel free to use whatever works for you! Hopefully you will be more successful in meeting your goals than I have been :P (I am improving though... slowly. Standby for 21's!!)
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:36 pm

Got some holiday pics, finally! I had a good week away. I got a bit sick though. The first night on the Ghan, I was feeling really tired with a sore throat etc, and for some reason started crying uncontrollably. Result being, the staff were so concerned about me that they upgraded me to a sleeper cabin, from my "day/nighter" seat. It was sooo good being able to lie down, but bad that I had to get sick to get it :(

Spent a couple of days in Darwin. Couldn't do much as I was struggling badly with the heat. I managed to get to the [email protected] and spent half a day there in the airconditioning... and won a jackpot of $40!!

Then I got on a bus out to Kakadu for two nights. I took a tour out to see waterfalls etc, which involved a couple of walks. I was sooo tired, I couldn't do the first one, and barely managed the second. I also took a cruise the next morning which was MUCH more enjoyable. I got some fantastic photos, and it was so great to get out into nature and visit animals in their natural habitat!

Here's a couple of the pics I got...

Apart from being sick and tired, the only other bad point was having things stolen. Just some yoghurt from the fridge (not a huge deal) and a really great beach towel that I loved, that was upsetting :( Can't stand people who steal!!! :evil:

I ate heaps, and didn't record a thing in my food diary, although I took it along. For some reason, on my second last night, I got the idea to order a bowl of wedges. Now imagine the largest bowl of wedges that you can..... it was twice as big as that!! I got through more than half, which was a big mistake... I was still tasting the damn things two days later :shock: At least it's out of my system now and I think it will be a very long time before I ever want a potato chip or wedge again haha. Amazingly (after the fluid has gone) not a whole lot of difference on the scale after all that, woo hoo!
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:12 am

aw thanks for sharing the photos sarah. sounds like it was good to get away and you did some great things but it sucks that you werent well and that you had things stolen. thats pretty slack :( im glad you are back with us though :) Image
kate_turner2000

Postby lng86 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:14 am

What great photos!!! I'm glad you enjoyed a nice holiday. It sounds fantastic.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby shelbel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:27 pm

Hey Sarah if you Darwin is hot this time of year, try going there in the wet season! Its sooo humid its almost unbearable. We were there for 3 days and the humidity broke on the second day thank goodness!

Sorry to hear you were sick, it really sucks when you look forward to something for a while and then get sick during it.

How about the crocs though, horrid creatures to see up close!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:34 pm

Sounds like you had a great trip away Sarah, apart from being sick and getting things stolen! What a great pic of the croc, I love it :D Do you think it's something you'll do again?
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:43 am

Thanks for the comments :D

The one thing that I was thankful for, whilst the sweat was pouring off me, was that it was not humid! It felt humid, but I know that it wasn't. Not sure I could have managed, I would have had to just attach myself to an air conditioner and not moved hahaha!!

Get this, I made a snap decision Friday night.... I'm off again :shock: I went along to an information session on the Anthony Robbins "Unleash the Power Within", and decided that I would go! It's in Sydney for 4 days, 14th to 17th Sept. So, off I go to look up flights and accommodation etc, etc. This sucks bad, I'm still not unpacked from last week and I'm getting ready to pack again! No rest for the wicked!

I'll be back tonight to post more. Food diary needs some attention I think :roll:

Hope everyone is well :)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:11 am

oooh i think that would be a wonderful thing to go to sarah. maybe theres some sydney people here who want to catch up with you? are u still on holidays from work?
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:38 pm

Nup I came back to work straight after I got back (I lasted for one day before I had to call in sick haha). Starting back on leave Thurs afternoon and coming back Tuesday afternoon.

I just emailed a girl that I met up with a couple of years back when I was living in Sydney with the Navy, to see if she wants to catch up. Haven't seen her in a long time! That is if I have enough spare time.... 9am-midnight for three days, 9am-6pm on the fourth day :shock:

Planning my food at the moment hahaha. I got a great little cooler bag that I took away last time, that will be getting packed up again. Saves money, plus I can eat the foods that I want. Just means extra luggage which is a pain :roll:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:39 pm

great idea sarah! at least you dont have to wonder around sydney trying to find the foods you like.
kate_turner2000

Previous

Return to The Maintenance Crew