It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 am

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Maintenance Plan

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby SarahC » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:25 am

Hehe... lucky I did some excercise, but doubt it made much difference. Maybe saved me about 0.2kg :lol:

What kind of silly person jumps on the scales straight after Christmas anyway. I'm with you Kim... I'll ignore anything I see until the end of the month.

Upon saying that, down to 50kg this morning. 1.5kg of the 3kg gone... better keep going or I'll be annoyed lol.
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:41 pm

Hang in there Sarah!!! Christmas is the toughest time ever.. I ate so much on Christmas Day, using the excuse "it's Christmas - my one day off a year!!!" and made the mistake of going to my grandparents to visit. My grandparents are Polish and my grandma is always making cakes and donuts and she gets really offended if you don't eat them.. I haven't weighed myself since Christmas cos I'm too bloody scared!

At least half your weight gain is gone, I'm sure it will all be balanced out by next week :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:48 pm

I don't think it's possible not to overeat on Christmas day lol. I started a couple of days before and kept on until Boxing day. Just starting to feel better today, just in time! Most of the weight is gone now bar say half a kilo :)
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:15 am

LOL now I feel silly.... get this:

Wednesday: 51.5kg
Thursday: 50.2kg
Friday: 49.7kg
Saturday: 49.0kg
Sunday: 48.4kg

Three kilos in five days, amazing :roll:

Even more amazing... the dress I was planning on wearing tonight, which is normally skin tight, is now too big! I had to go out yesterday and buy a new one :shock:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:25 am

lol wish we could be so lucky!!! lol
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:04 am

Nice one Sarah, you must have been retaining fluid. Hey, and at least you got a new dress out of it! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:49 am

Wow, Sarah!! What a great surprise!!! I'm feeling a hell of a lot better since my Christmas blowout too! The chocolate and cake cravings are starting to kick back in so I must have cleared my body of all the crap that was in it :P

Have fun wearing your new dress tonight, and listening to everyone tell you how stunning you are :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:03 am

Yes, can't get over that weight coming and going like that. Very strange :? Anyway, the dress went well and survived the NYE party lol. And, I went shopping yesterday and tried on quite a few more dresses and... they all fitted! Most looked stupid (can't get over those pleats below the bustline... great if you're pregnant, but very unflattering otherwise!!), but they fitted at least.

I'm a bit late with my report... it's for last week (25th - 31st Dec), but here goes:

Progress report: Week 8 (of 15)

1. Weight: Well, I think that has been quite well documented lol. At least it returned to normal, so I get a star :lol:

2. Diet: Massive pig out sessions on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. But, I was absolutely perfect for the remainder of the week... so I'm going to give myself half a star just for that :D

3. Excercise: Got in actually three weights sessions, and the usual two abs sessions. And went to a Step class on NYE which was quite fun.

4. Alcohol: With Christmas on Monday and NYE on Sunday I did not stand a chance at meeting this goal. I can't say how much I drank because I don't remember :!:

5. Reporting: Late as usual. Gonna start docking myself here if I don't get this written by Tuesday at the latest :roll:

Total for the week 3.5 stars. Could have been a lot worse!
SarahC

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:46 am

I think you are doing great Sarah!! The festive season took its toll on most of us I think....I had the same experience with weight gain over that period I jumped on the scales boxing day and then the 27 and I had gained 4.5kgs, but I got back to eating sensibly and drinking heaps of water and I ended up only gaining 0.6kg...I definately think most of it had to be fluid gain....that is my theory!! LOL.

You are doing a great job mate......thanks for sharing your maintainence progress with us all!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:59 am

Image hi sarah

keep at it mate, i love hearing how you are going. are you still doing a food diary?? :(
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:02 am

Hi Sarah, great to read your update. The scales have been all over the place for me as well and somehow like Ally I managed to register a 0.6 gain so not too bad. You are going great and you must have enjoyed the shopping if everything was fitting fine. Well done.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:03 pm

Yeah the shopping was great... didn't buy anything but it was great not to worry about zips and buttons not doing up. And trying stuff on in a size 8 and finding it was too big :lol:

I'm sure all of our weight fluctuations were fluids, but I wonder why all the eating makes you retain fluid?? Very strange that. But I guess when you start on a diet, you lose a lot of weight and that's fluid, so maybe it also works in reverse :?

I've been a bit lazy with posting my food diary too Kate :oops: I might start doing it at night time, then I won't be able to eat anymore for the night after I've posted it lol. (But knowing me I'll find some way around it :roll: )
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:12 pm

Hrmm yeah that's really strange about the weight gain and losing it so quickly.. I'm sure that happened to me too, only I was too scared to get on the scales after Christmas :P :P
I think you're probably right about the fluid thing though Sarah.. maybe because we ate so much at one time a lot of it just sat there waiting to be digested??? Then when it finally got digested the weight came off? I don't know, just a theory! I don't know about you guys but Christmas Day/Boxing Day, I wasn't hungry for the whole time, just felt like I was "Topping up" each time I ate.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:14 pm

i wont know if my 5kg+ is fluid until i start doing something about my weight again. if i have a big loss the first week we know it was fluid!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:32 pm

Kate I have every faith in you that you will be right back into the swing of things when it is time.

Know what you mean Emma about the 'topping up' it felt that way. And I never woke up hungry like I usually do as I stop eating around 8pm and I am good and ready for breakfast in the morning. Over that period I had breakfast out of habit more than anything as my breakies are always good healthy numbers.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

PreviousNext

Return to The Maintenance Crew