It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Maintenance Plan

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby SarahC » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:36 am

Progress report: Week 9 (of 15)

1. Weight: Well it looks as though all my bad eating may be finally starting to show itself on the scales... back up to 49kg on Friday, and it did get a bit higher over the weekend. Sailing very close to the wind :( But, a star for this week at least!

2. Diet: I can't use the descriptive that I'd like to here, because it would be censored!! Major blow out on Monday, being New Years Day (I did a lot of "topping up" on that day :( ), with the predictable hangover. I made up for the enormous calorie surplus by excercising my butt of for the next few days, but still ate more than I should have. Easily the worst week I've had so far :(

3. Excercise: I could not move on Monday... apart from to walk from the couch to the kitchen to get more food. But managed to get all the weights and abs sessions in, and went for a swim on Sunday, which was something a bit different... although I was on the lookout for suspicious objects on the bottom of the pool :wink:

4. Alcohol: Shock horror... an alcohol free week :shock: :D

5. Reporting: On time for once. Could have done it last night, but I was stuffed after all that swimming :lol:

Total for the week: 4 stars

I'm now on the countdown to my holiday on the 19 Feb. 6 weeks to go. So, I'm setting the challenge to myself to gain 5 stars for each of the next 6 weeks. I have noticed a common theme so far... I eat too much which is why I can never meet my diet goals and get a star. I WILL do EXACTLY what I have said I will do and I WILL control my eating at night. There's no need to eat after dinner as I have a decent sized meal and am in no way hungry after I've eaten it :evil: I'm in the middle of devising strategies.... I'll chain myself to my bed if I have to (gosh, if I do that, I'll need to invest in a bedpan, how horrible :shock: )
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:39 am

Image whoohoo 4 stars sarah! well done! what happens after the 6 weeks are up?
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:39 am

You can do it Sarah!! I have every confidence in you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:59 am

Thank you :D

I'll make up a new plan after the 6 weeks. I'll keep the stuff I like and add in some things that I think need to be added... have some ideas already what those things might be :wink:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:11 am

sounds like a wonderful idea sarah :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:13 pm

Well done Sarah you're doing a great job! :D

6 weeks till holiday time...how exciting. You lucky thing.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:11 am

Hehe starting to get excited already. I'll be over it by the time I'm ready to go :roll:

Just realised... week 12 of the 12-week challenge coincides with the end of this maintenance plan. How well timed 8) :shock:
SarahC

Postby Hayley » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:30 am

Hi Sarah, just wanted to let you know that I think you're doing a wonderful job on maintenance........maintaining your weightloss is a very difficult thing to do, so congratulations.

Keep up the great work girl!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:32 pm

Thanks Hayley :D

Yep it is pretty hard maintaining the weight... I'm starting to think that it is actually harder than losing it in the first place :?
SarahC

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:16 pm

I'm with you sister, it's not easy and you're doing great. Cool about the 12 week challenge. Things are coming together for you nicely. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:28 am

Thanks Kim! Hehe it is a bit of a coincidence :lol:

That time again... 10 weeks down 5 to go :shock:

Progress report: Week 10 (of 15)

1. Weight: 49 steady. Feeling a bit puffy actually (if you can imagine that!). Think I'm still being punished for my new year's day blow out :(

2. Diet: I've been making a bit of an effort to tackle my midnight snacking problem, and actually had a couple of nights where I didn't eat anything when I woke up - yay! Only one confession to make which was Saturday night - I ate a fair bit and don't even know why :( My other problem is when I come to my parents' place I have a habit of pigging out on all their "bad" foods. I came over last night, and habit took over, but I managed to tame it a little bit. Next time will be better and the time after will be better again, until I'm free of that beast (that's the theory anyway!). So, I'm going to jump out on a limb and award myself a star here (my first one!!).... but on the proviso that I don't get a big head and overdo it the next week :twisted:

3. Excercise: I completed all my excercise as per usual. I was going to go to the step class on Sunday, but as I worked on Saturday I hadn't had a chance to clean my house. It seriously looked like a bomb had gone off. So I stayed home and cleaned! But I did a lot of work on the excercise bike at the gym... it's really hard because I don't normally use it, but it's starting to become easier already :) Another star for me.

4. Alcohol: I had three small glasses of wine on Saturday night to unwind from the day's work (I got a waitressing shift at the Werribee racecourse). I shouldn't be drinking at home by myself, but I kept it quite moderate so it's not toooo bad :)

5. Reporting: Yay, and on time too!

Shock horror my first 5 star week :shock:

The next five weeks are going to be the same if not better. This holiday and those bikinis are looming now! My flight itinerary is pinned up on my fridge... any more stuff ups from me and I'm going to have to put up with bikinis hanging off the pantry door handle :lol:
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:57 am

Yahoo! Sounds like a good week Sarah, you did well!!!

Good plan to slowly tackle your parents place, much better than just going completely cold turkey and then spending the entire time you are there fighting with your brain about how much you want to raid their cupboards!!!

Oooh holiday hey? Where are you going!?

Em

PS Don't laugh about the hanging of the bikini off the pantry door handle - that would be something I'd do!!! :D :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:03 am

Woo hoo well done Sarah a five star week!!!!!

LOL @ the bikini on the pantry door!! That is actually quite a good motivator I would imagine!! You are doing great Sarah!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:51 am

love the bkini at the pantry door haha.

well done on 5 stars sarah- its straight up form here on in mate!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:50 am

Nice one Sarah, you got the 5 stars! Great work and the bikini off the pantry is definitely a good idea. How did you go with the chair and the pen and paper?

I think when you go to your parents place there is a trigger to return you to old habits. It may even be the very act of getting in the car to go there. See if you can figure what it is and change it somehow or set up new habits.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

PreviousNext

Return to The Maintenance Crew