It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:12 am

Free Newsletter

My 1st Anniversary

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

My 1st Anniversary

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Boy! how the time has flown! It was a year ago (24th Feb. '12) that I finally reached my goal weight. :D

The year since has been very interesting. Had an article written about me in the local paper, Perth's Today Tonight TV program did a story on me, had my hernia operated on (removing about 2 to 3 kilos of loose skin as well and loosing my belly button!), the death of my father, first ambulance ride, first helicopter ride, inspire a few friends to lose a few kilos and managed to keep the weight off!

Keeping the weight off has been different. When you are losing weight there is a kind of glory in watching and reporting the numbers going down. Once I had lost the weight a few of my friends continued asking after my weight. The question seemed redundant, I was travelling in a small range of numbers. I wasn't losing or gaining, I was maintaining - staying the same...no glory in that!

I decided that my goal weight was too low because it did not take in account the weight of the loose skin that I still have. My maintenance weight range is between 67 and 70 kilos. At this weight I've got my butt back! I usually sit at around 68 or 69 kilos but still watch myself like a hawk...I can gain a kilo with one good meal. I usually do 90 minutes of exercise a day (sometimes I can get away with just doing 60 minutes). I still weigh myself every day.

Generally the maintenance lifestyle hasn't been too hard to manage. There was only one day where I was under real pressure to stay under the 70 kilo mark I set myself. Staying in a hotel after a wedding reception threw my routine out the window. The demands and expectations of other people especially put a spanner in the works! I still managed to walk away with a 70kg weigh in...didn't want to record a 70 (69.9kg is ok...but not 70!) ...but that was how it was. Next time I'll work it better (get rid of my more demanding relatives perhaps?)!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: My 1st Anniversary

Postby shel_bel » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:14 am

Congratulations! You must look back on photos and wonder "what did that feel like again?!"

I aim to join you in this part of the forum in the next year or so :)

Thanks for continuing to be a source of wisdom and support :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Both myself and my wife are gentle shocked when we come upon "old" photos of me. We both don't remember me being that big! The power of denial! :shock: :lol:

I would love to have you join the one year club too! The more of us that do it the more hope and encouragement we can give to other people that they too can dare to be successful! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby FXST01 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Happy Anniversary :D Is there cake?
bbcode Image
FXST01

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NO CAKE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...sabotage or just plain wishful thinking? :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby I'm Simon » Wed May 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Well done Kim, you have helped so many, including myself!
I'm Simon

Postby FXST01 » Wed May 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Well done, and may you have many more at your goal weight.
bbcode Image
FXST01

Postby Blitz » Thu May 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Thanks guys

I embarked on this adventure of weight loss because I became convinced the way I was running my life would lead to death in a very short time. Death by gluttony and sloth don't make good reading on a death certificate. I wanted to be around a little longer if for my daughter's sake. Also, I enjoy life and as much as I believe in a heavenly hope I still don't want to race pass this world. :shock: :lol:

I wish more people would post their pictures. The more photos of success there are here; the more encouragement others can take that just maybe they can do it too. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby admin » Fri May 17, 2013 6:05 am

Happy first birthday of the new you kim....firstly i would like to thank you for your wise and no nonsense advice and helping others with motivation. Your first hand experience is what everyone should listen to although i know some want a quick fix but i suppose we are not all the same.
Look forward to your insights for the second year and wishing you a year of no cake! May be a little:-)
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Sun May 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Thank you for your kind words.

I too wanted the quick fix. Based on my first week's weight loss of 2.5 kilos I thought that I would be done in 8 months! :shock: It took me 5 months longer than I thought it would! :lol: The journey is as important as the result at the end. I learnt many things along the way that guarantee my long term success. To quote Tolkien (Lord of the Rings), "Short cuts make long delays." The lessons along the way were worth the learning.

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu May 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Well done Kim,im trying too read some storys and I come across your 1st year ann,
have you got some before and after photos we can see,or I can see??
I don't no where too look and would love too see.....

You are so inspiring too so many and we all thank you.....

what do u think the best advise would be on your lifestyle change..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Fri May 23, 2014 12:44 am

A lot has happened since the 1st anniversary...like the 2nd anniversary for example! :lol:

I see that you have found my stash of before and after photos on this Forum already. I hope that you found them entertaining and inspiring.

I have lots of advice (too much some may say)! The number one bottom line thing for achieving success is: "Get your head in the right place".
If you have the right mind set everything else in weight loss and maintenance will follow. The eating and the exercise will sort itself out if your mind is in the right place.

The year before I started to actively pursuing weight loss was given to the mind battle. By the time the 1st of January 2011 came around (my start date) my mind was well and truly ready. In that time I turned my wish to lose weight...to a want...and that want to...a must. Failure was not an option...I had convinced myself that this was literally a matter of life or death.
In that time of reflection, I stripped away all the artifices of my life and got real with myself. No excuses...telling myself exactly how it was. Right through the journey I wore my souvenir Bowie tour beanie with the word "REALITY" emblazoned on it to remind me that is what I was facing on this journey - reality. Also I owned the fact that if I wanted to have a different lifestyle that I had to be prepared to CHANGE.
People want to lose weight but are not prepared to pay the cost. They have to change their lifestyle. The old one doesn't work. Why most people fail at weight loss or fail to maintain weight loss is because they don't want to give up the old lifestyle in their heart of hearts. It is ok for a while...but not forever. The key to success is to want the new life more than the old. That means really counting the cost. Do you really want change?...or are you just talking?
That is why reflection was so important. I turned the wish to a want and then a need...saw my life in reality...and then was prepared to change it.

Kim
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:53 am

'People want to lose weight but are not prepared to pay the cost'.. How very true Kim and there is a cost, it's not an easy road, sometimes it's just too easy to give it away but for real results you have to have a real desire and that starts with getting your head in the right place.. Small steps, that's the key.. A huge loss can be overwhelming so break it down into smaller chunks and give yourself target weights to aim at.. Its not a sprint either so even if you don't meet every goal you'll be happy with the successes you have achieved..

Congrats on being over two years down the track as well Kim, you are an inspiration to a lot of us and a daily reminder that it can be done and more importantly maintained.. I am personally learning a lot more this time around and hopefully will have the tools for longer lasting success once my ambitions are achieved..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Blitz » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Michael Chang the tennis player was reflecting the other day about his 25th anniversary win of the French Open (his only Grand Slam win). He talked about a tough semi-final with Lendl. He was cramping up real bad and struggling. The interviewer said that at one point in the match he thought that Michael was approaching the umpire to concede the match. Chang said that it was the case...he was on the ropes and heading towards the umpire and just before he got there he was struck by a thought. If he quit this match now - it would make it easier for him to quit next time. That pulled him up. He decided right then to continue - to finish the game -even though he didn't think he could win! As it was the game turned around for him and he did win and in the next match he ended up winning the title.

It is hard...but you have to tough it out...not to lay down but just continue - who knows...you might even win! 8)

Each small step makes you a winner! :D

Kim
Blitz

Return to The Maintenance Crew