It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Just reached goal

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Just reached goal

Postby simmobrisbane » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Hi All,

Just thought i'd do a quick post on here, I am new to the forum and i've also just reached my ultimate goal weight after a long but looking back..very happy journey, of course i had times where i could have given up and gone right back off track, but when you want something enough you'll always get there in the end.

The pic on the left is more or less at the start of my journey when i was pushing on 130kg, the pic on the right was taken a couple of weeks back when i weighed in around 88kg. (and it was my wife who cut herself out for the purpose of a before and after shot :D )
Simmo.jpg

my goal was always 85kg and on my weigh in 3 days ago i was 85.1kg, so as far as i'm concerned goal has been achieved, although i'll still carry on as i am until I get slightly under before embarking on the maintenance part of the journey. My body fat has also gone from 25% to 9%. Which i'm very pleased about.

As i posted on intro forum I've got plenty of stories to share if anyone is interested and would also love to hear other peoples stories.

Looking forward to helping/motivating forum members at various stages of their journey and learning more about the journey i've already embarked on myself.
simmobrisbane

Re: Just reached goal

Postby Blitz » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:26 am

Thanks Simmo for sharing the before and after pictures. :D
Excellent job! 8)

...Now comes the hard part - keeping it off! :shock: :wink:
Actually it isn't harder...physically speaking that is - the battle is fought in the head under the banner word "VIGILANCE".

The stats for people who have lost a significant amount and have kept it off for a year or more is very dreadful.
The failure rate is only so woeful because people forget what they were like overweight and take for granted all the benefits of their new healthy lifestyle. Vigilance!...always vigilance - or all is lost!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to The Maintenance Crew