It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Vanessa's Maintenance!

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Vanessa's Maintenance!

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:27 am

Wow I am finally here. It seems a little surreal and I am not sure I deserve to be here as I do plan to lose a little more weight if I can.

I guess I should have a look at what I have achieved.

In September 2006, I was extremely overweight and wouldn't even step on the scales. It took 3 weeks of walking and trying to eat healthy before I realised I wouldn't know how far I was coming if I didn't have a start point. So September 23rd I stepped on the scales and weighed in at 101.8kgs (I think I had probably lost more than 2kgs already). For the next few weeks I walked on my tready and tried to eat healthy before deciding I hated the treadmill and joined Curves. That was the 18th of October and I weighed in at 94.1kgs.
measurements then:

Bust............111.00
Waist............95.00
Abdomen.....116.00
hips.............119.00
thighs............72.00
Arms..............34.50
Weight...........94.4kgs

Measurements Now:

Bust...............90.00
waist..............73.00
abdomen........87.50
hips................90.00
thighs.............57.50
arms...............31.00
weight............68.8kgs

So lots of cms lost.

These days I use the pcyc gym and love the pump class most.

My maintenance plan is this

Exercise:
Attend the gym for pump class 3xweek (if possible and weights when not)
Attend the gym for cardio 3xweek (if possible)
allow 1-2 rest days a week
on days I can't get to the gym I will run, walk, ride my bike or do exercise dvd's at home.

Food:
Stay under 1500cals per day.
2 days a week at no more than 1200cals

Try to keep to my low carb diet as much as possible.

Well thats about it......

I have been more afraid of maintenance then losing weight. more than 95% of people who lose more than 10% of their body weight regain it and more. I don't want to be one of the 95%. I think I have won the battle in my head and I think that I will never become complacent about my weight again!!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby milkyway » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:58 am

Vanessa - you sooo deserve to be here! I don't think you'll become one of those 95% statistics because I reckon 95% of those who get to goal, don't have a maintenance plan so you're well ahead on that score :P

All the best! :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:51 pm

Woohoo, congratulations for making it to the maintenance area! You've just reminded me that I need to update my maintenance page - will do that later! As Sandra said, you deserve to be here, all of your determination and hard work has paid off!!

I too am afraid of gaining back any of the weight I've lost, but I've found maintenance to be pretty easy!! Everyone told me that it was the hard part, but I've found that as long as you keep your exercise up, eat well most of the time with occassional treats, it's manageable and not as hard as people say! I think some people make it harder than it has to be because they think that because they've lost the weight, suddenly they can go back to the way they ate that made them fat in the first place!!

Anyway, enough of my babble, CONGRATULATIONS again, I'm looking forward to reading all about your maintenance :)
Em xoox
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:50 pm

hi vanessa looking good thus far :) bascially maintenance is about doing what you have been doing to lose the weight with the occasion day off from working out and the occasional additional treats. its all about balance and im sure you have a good head on your shoulders to keep it up :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:43 pm

Congratulations Vanessa! You have done so well to get here. I can't get over all those cm's that's fantastic :D Keep us updated!
SarahC

Postby KimE » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:58 am

Well done Vanessa, you have done a great job. I know you must be feeling so much better. I admit I have a terrible fear of gaining the weight back again and it always lingers in the back of my head. I agree with Sandra and I think maintenance is hard if you don’t have a plan, but then again even if you have one you need to stick with it. That’s why I always say if you make changes then make them something you can do for life.

I noticed your food intake is still quite low but you did mention you wanted to lose a little more weight. The only reason I mention it is in my mind that food intake would continue weightloss and not maintain it.

And as far as ‘deserving’ it goes that is never in question. Maintenance is about when you are ready for it and not what others think. I find now, that I have times (christmas, birthday season) where I gain a little and then really watch my food to lose the small amount gained so there is a monitoring and regulation of my weight going on all the time. I know that sounds like a lot of work but for me it isn’t and usually just means my ‘occasional’ food has become a little less occasional and keeping a tighter rein will get me back on track.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby vanessa0305 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:01 pm

Thanks everyone, I will be trying my very best never to go back to where I came from!!

Kim, I am hoping to lose a little more weight as I am stuck between a size 10 and a size 12. I would like to be an even 10. So I think I will need to lose another 2-5kgs for that.
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby KimE » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:50 pm

Vanessa

I thought that was the case, good luck with that, I know you will have no problem. You have done fantastically and should be very proud of yourself. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby vanessa0305 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:02 pm

Well I am half way through my first week. Diet has been great. Sticking under my calories. Gym both Monday and Tuesday and having a rest today (mostly because its raining and hubby is away). Weight is still 68.4kgs. Feel a tad fustrated as the weight has gone up and down during the week and yet I am being soooo good. I am one of these obsessive people who weight every day.

I thought I might start adding some of my fav low cal snacks:

1. Weight watchers fruit and jelly cup with Nestle diet yogurt(in the 12 multipack) Thats 52 cals in total.
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:02 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Just want to say you are an inspiration. I looked at your progress pics - what a transformation. You look fantastic.

I like reading your maintenance and how your going to go about it. I want to learn from you and others who are in maintenance so when I get there I will know what to do.

Thanks for sharing with us :)

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:14 am

Week 1 is over! For some reason I feel completely blah. I have done my exercise and eaten under my calories but no weight loss at all. I wonder how hard it would be to put away my food diary and just try and eat healthy, control my portions and exercise normally? Would I have enough control to do that? I am to scared to give it a go. I wish it was easier to lose weight. Why does it seem to be a battle all the time, even now? I wish it just happened easier. Oh well onto another week. Lets see if I can do better this week and actually lose some weight.
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:20 am

hi vanessa well done on maintaining your weight it is something that you need to be able to do for life so it seems like you have it down pat. have you made any drastic changes over the past week? because if you still want to lose weight you might have to go back to doing what you were doing before to lose it and then return to your maintainance plan later on? im not sure what im on about lol but maybe you get what im trying to say (still half asleep)
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:51 pm

Hey Vanessa

That's the stage I'm at now, I've maintained for 11 weeks now, and I've just stopped weighing most things (except cereal which I'm rubbish at estimating cos every damn one is a different volume!!) and am trying to listen to my body more, just eating when I'm hungry and keeping the same foods and portion sizes. So far so good, but it's scary!!!!
Do it when you feel ready, otherwise I think it just turns bad!!!

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:35 pm

It is scary ladies and completely normal to feel that way. There's no magical thing I can say that will help...sorry. At some point you will take the leap and if you keep an eye on your weight you will know whether it is working for you or not.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:32 am

Well week 2 is over. I have had a pretty good week. I have done plenty of great exercise with lots of 2hr session during the week. My food intake hasn't been great but not too bad and I am down .4kgs today. Who would have ever thought I would get down to 68kgs even?? Not me. I thought it was impossible to get much under 75kgs. I even though that my big frame would never let me be under a size 12. Well I am generally a size 10 now. I want to be a comfy 10 in everything. I still buy 12 shirts a lot and in designer jeans I have to get a 12 too. I want to be a 10 all over!! I think that will happen at around 65 or 66kgs.
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Next

Return to The Maintenance Crew