It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Vanessa's Maintenance!

For those who have reached their target weight and want to stay there.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mandie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:44 pm

Sounds like a great weekend :) Don't worry about the gain, I'm sure it will come straight off!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:57 pm

hi vanessa

im jealous!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:25 pm

Sounds like you had a really great time! I'm sure the extra weight will be gone in no time :D
SarahC

Postby vanessa0305 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Doing well with my weight. Today its 65.2kgs. Felt so good about myself that I went and got my navel pierced on Wednesday and bought some new clothes yesterday. I went to esprit and got some new t-shirts and a new pair of 3/4 jeans. I thought I was trying on a size 9 but they were a size 6 yeah and they fit so nice!!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby milkyway » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:35 pm

vanessa0305 wrote:Doing well with my weight. Today its 65.2kgs. Felt so good about myself that I went and got my navel pierced on Wednesday and bought some new clothes yesterday. I went to esprit and got some new t-shirts and a new pair of 3/4 jeans. I thought I was trying on a size 9 but they were a size 6 yeah and they fit so nice!!

That's fantastic Vanessa - yay for tiny Esprit clothes - I love that store. You deserve some fabulous new clothes to celebrate your fabulous new form.

I've often though about a navel piercing but I'm a) a bit of a wuss (though I do have a tattoo...) and b) I've always said I'd do it when I have a tummy to show off...

Sooo - how was it? Did it hurt? Does it still hurt?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby vanessa0305 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:43 pm

It wasn't as bad as any of my tattoos. Its no more painful then any other needle you have gotten and it is so quick..2 seconds and its over! Now I don't even feel it unless I bump it. I am taking very good care of it so I don't get an infection. I wash it twice a day with antibacterial soap and use ear care twice a day. I also cover it at night because your bed holds lots of germs. It seems to be working, it looks great, no redness and no pain.
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:26 pm

Woohoo, well done on the clothes :D :D I love Esprit!!

Hope the belly piercing is going well :) I got mine done a couple of years ago and love it! A couple of times my bf at the time knocked it during the night and owww!!
I've had my nose done about 5 times, the top of my ear, my tongue, traegus and belly :) Just have my ears (just 1 set) and belly in still :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:37 am

Yes I know what you mean...its my blasted 2 yo who keeps climbing over it that really hurts.

How long did yours take to heal? Did it ever look red and angry? Did it get infected. I am only on day 5 and it looks fantastic. Not red at all.
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:16 pm

oooh ouch, i bet that would cane, vanessa :( :(

i've had soo many guys comment on my belly ring "ooh i didn't know you had THAT pierced" as if i'd pierced my nipple or something haha :P i have a really pretty ring too, it's a clear sparkly stone on the bottom, and from it is a fine dangly thread of clear beads alternated with a star and then a moon at the bottom :)

It did look rather angry and red while it was healing for the first week or so. I was a bit worried about it. But it came good :) Haven't had any issues with it since!
Yours sounds like it's doing great :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:18 pm

Well I am glad to hear that. I am really babying this one cause I just don't want an infection. How long did yours take to heal? I have wanted this for so long and I finally have a tummy thats flat enough I don't feel ridiculous for doing it, I know I wont wear anything that will make it visable to others, but hey I wear sexy bras and nickers to make me feel sexy and nobody sees them either. I hope it just keeps healing on its merry way no problems. Can I ask what you used to clean yours?
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby Mandie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:24 pm

Good on you Vanessa :) How awesome that you finally feel comfortable enough with your stomach and your body to get it done :)
Mandie

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:20 pm

Mine took a good few weeks to heal, mainly cos its so easily irritated eg knocking it, sleeping on it wrong, catching it on clothes! I cleaned it with rock salt in warm water :) It's the best thing to clean it with! What are you using?

How excellent that you're finally feeling confident enough to get it :D :D I never show mine off but just knowing you have it and being able to see it all the time yourself is enough :D :D Mine definitely makes me feel sexier!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby vanessa0305 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:41 am

Thanks Mandie, It was a long time coming but I have never felt better about myself.

Em, I am doing the same. Saline Soaks....1/8 cup sea salt to 1 cup water. Nice and hot, soak for 10mins 2x a day. It seems to be working very well. I was given earcare to take care of it, but everything I have read says to just stick with the Sea Salt Soaks.
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:01 am

Yeah the sea salt soaks are the best cos it draws all the, er, crud out of the open wound while it's healing :) I've cleaned all my piercings that way and apart from 3 nose piercings (which got infected because I was allergic to the actual metal in the jewellery), I've had no dramas :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby vanessa0305 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:35 pm

no crud yet, looking beautiful...so glad I got it. Can I ask what other piercings you have? I am so addicted. I am not sure what my next ones will be, but probably ears....I am also going to extend my ankle tattoo and get a new on across my lower back.
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

PreviousNext

Return to The Maintenance Crew