* If you scroll straight to the bottom of this post you will see a quick way to post pictures.
Perhaps you should print this out so you can work from it.
Hi Hayley and anyone else interested in posting pictures - to insert an animation or a photo or cartoon just
1) right click on any picture you find on the computer, I'll put one on this page for you to practice on (I usually go to google.com and type animated smileys
or smiley gifs
in the search window and a few sites with lots of pics pop up to browse and help yourself to)
2) as I said you right click your mouse on the animated picture (go on, I'm waiting)
you will now see the drop own file saying lots of words, left click on the words Save Picture As
3) a pop up window will now appear on your screen
where the window says save in
you will see a tiny window with a down arrow next to it, click on the down arrow slide the side slider up and down until you see the words Desktop
click on it until it appears in the top window.
4) Then go to the bottom window where it says File Name
and give the picture a one word name like sillyangel or whatever you like, you might even like the name it has already been given, then click the Save
The window will now vanish and the picture is on your Desktop (If you collect enough of them you can drag them into a file.
5) Now that you have a picture on your desktop you have to get a webspace host, they can cost money but there are a few places that are free. Photobucket is a free web host so you're in luck.
6) Click on the photobucket site, then click on the red register button
7) Once you are signed in I'd save the page to favourites (or bookmark) so you won't have to keep typing http://www.photobucket.com
you will now notice a couple of skinny windows on the right with the top one saying the words Browse
next to it.
Click on the words Browse
9) Again a pop up window will appear, in the top tiny window click on the little down arrow again until you have the words Desktop.
then scroll untill you see the name of your picture that is on the desk top. Click on it then click on the words Open
10) Your picture is now in the photo bucket browse window.
Don't worry about all the other words on the screen just click on the submit button.
YAY, Your picture is now being hosted. you will see 3 little windows under your picture.
copy and paste the Img
code here to the forum and your picture will be visible to everyone.
* THE QUICK WAY TO POST A PIC
KimE has given us the address to a site that has generously hosted heaps of pictures,
you just simply copy and pate the code to your post.
Just change the spelling of the word IMAGE to IMG for the pic to become visible.
Remember to Scroll down and make sure you pick up all of the code shown.