It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:50 am

Free Newsletter

Looking for a little support

The place to get tips and advice on how to get the most out of this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Looking for a little support

Postby hayleybaybee » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Hayley, I'm 18 and currently weigh 75 kg. So far I've lost 5 kg and been able to keep it off and not regain it. I've been on this diet for six weeks now and I'm feeling alot better about myself and I'm starting to see results already! My main goal is to get back to the weight i was before i gained all this weight, which was 58kg. The reason I starting putting on so much weight is because in 2010 my mum passed away and when that happened I didn't know what to do with myself. I didn't eat for weeks at a time, but when i did start eating again I realized that when i ate I didn't think about how much I was hurting. So over the past few years I've gained alot of weight and now have 17kg to lose so i can reach my ideal weight.

My problem with dieting is that I just lose motivation very easily because I don't really have anyone to keep me going, my partner works long hours (hes a butcher) but he tries to motivate me as much as possible. I was just hoping to meet some people who will be able to keep me motivated! I've tried numerous times to loose wight, but have failed each time because I'm not able to keep myself motivated. I'm determined that i will lose this weight this time around, it would just be nice to have a little support! :)
hayleybaybee

Re: Looking for a little support

Postby admin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Welcome Haley, you have come to the right place. You are not alone and need some tools to help y.ou in your journey. Write down what you are eating each day, we have a food diary for down load in our weight loss tools section. Check in each week in the forum and set your goals. A good start is 500g per week. Set up a weigh in and watch your progress. Cut out all sugar drinks and drink water. We have many articles on the site for tips and ideas for you, just browse through them. Most important you ave to move. At the end of the day it is input vs out put.
Learn to cook good meals for you and hubby.
Good luck and just post any questions you might have.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a little support

Postby Blitz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Welcome Hayley

This is the place for motivation! Many like minded people on the same journey as yourself.

It might help you if you see this weight loss thing not so much as a diet but rather as a healthy lifestyle change. A diet suggests a end point that may mean relaps into bad habits whereas lifestyle suggests better living. This view may help you keep motivated for the long haul.

Wishing you all success
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Forum Help