It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:13 pm

Free Newsletter

The place to get tips and advice on how to get the most out of this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:22 pm

Also known as "Av". They are a small graphic that you can have to the left of your post, just under your name.

To get a avatar click on Profile at the top of the page. Image Profile

Scroll all the way down to the bottom until you find the "Avatar control panel".

The image cant be any bigger than 80 pixels by 80 pixels. (this means 80 pixels wide and 80 pixels high). A Pixel is one small dot on your screen, you have the ability to change how big the pixels appear on your screen the more pixels you have the more you can fit on there. It can only be 6kb as well. (Kilobytes).

You'll find that most images that small are that size as well, you can change it yourself by a program. (see botom of page).

Once you have found your image there are two things you can do.

You can upload your image to this website by just pasting the URL of the image you found on google in the "Upload Avatar from a URL" box. Then click submit. To find the URL of an image if you got it in google make sure you have viewed the image on its own and just copy the address from the Toolbar. (where the www. is) Or if the image is just on a website and you want the URL right click the image and click on "Copy Image Location". I dont know if thats available in Internet Explorer because I use Fire Fox.

Another thing to do is save the image, right click go save as and put it on your desktop. Then click on Browse from the "Upload Avatar from your machine" option. And find image, click OK and then Submit and you'll have an avatar.

Signatures.

Also known as "Sigs" are the small part under your post where you can have a quote, an image or a Ticker. If you are going to have an image other than a ticker, try not to make it too big as it will distract people from your posts.

To edit your signature go to your profile. Image Profile

Go down to the part that says "Profile Information" and at the bottom of that section is signature.

Image Editing Programs:

A good free one is Gimp or there is Paint.net which is an updated version of Paint, but you'll need framework v2.0 for it to work.

If you cant do it yourself or get stuck, ask for some help here or you can get me to do it. Ask me here or PM me. I'm sure there are a few other people here that could help as well! :)
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:13 am

Hay what am I doing wrong. I go to profile and go down to av - then I try to get an av and there are no images to select from. Can you advise me as to how I can add a pretty picture and be like everyone else!!!!

Thank you!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:09 am

dont know how i did it but i had to go and google an image i was looking for and then add it some how- i forget!
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:22 pm

pretty please Kate - try and remember for little old me .... :(

Sassygirl

Postby CrimsonThunder » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:23 am

Sassygirl wrote:Hay what am I doing wrong. I go to profile and go down to av - then I try to get an av and there are no images to select from. Can you advise me as to how I can add a pretty picture and be like everyone else!!!!

Thank you!!

You must be clicking on "Show Gallery" Scott hasn't uploaded any avatars to the gallery.

We'll use Kate's avatar as an example.

Copy this
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/imag ... f5391a.jpg
and then paste it in the box that says

"Upload Avatar from a URL:
Enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image, it will be copied to this site."

Then click submit down the bottom.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:56 pm

Thanks Reckless ..... as you can see I managed to get myself an avatar. :lol:

Sassygirl

Postby zoeh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:03 pm

Whenever I try I keep getting an error message.... when I preview this post it doesnt even show my name or any picture at all....

I am just uploading from my desktop - what am I doing wrong?
zoeh

Postby zoeh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:04 pm

i just did it again from an url and it didnt say an error but it doesnt show it either...
zoeh

Postby zoeh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:14 pm

This is the error I get:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./images/avatars/203354872045e56405ae9de.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/w8loss/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 239

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpPyzF13' to './images/avatars/203354872045e56405ae9de.jpg' in /home/w8loss/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 239

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/w8loss/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/w8loss/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/w8loss/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/w8loss/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/w8loss/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/w8loss/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 478
zoeh

Postby zoeh » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:26 pm

test
zoeh

Postby CrimsonThunder » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:04 am

Yep theres errors in the forum. I just did it and got those errors. Seems the FTP aint working. Maybe Scott has changed it so we cannot upload avatars (forgot to allow us to upload while editing the code). Or maybe someones hacked the forum. :S
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby zoeh » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:51 pm

Will it be fixed :?:
zoeh

Postby admin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:32 pm

Zoeh,

Of course it will be fixed !:?

Will let you know when.

Sorry for any inconvenience (I've been saying that quite a bit lately). I won't be in a hurry to change servers again!

Scott. :D
admin
Site Admin

Postby zoeh » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:40 pm

Thanks! :)
zoeh

Postby zoeh » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:31 pm

today i tried it and it said it uploaded but i dont think its working?

*test*
zoeh

Next

Return to Forum Help