It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Motivational support!!

A place to put inspiring pictures, quotes and stories to give us all a lift.

Moderator: Moderators

Motivational support!!

Postby becky123 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:06 pm

As i mentioned in my intro, i have very little support from friends and family! so i am really hoping that you guys can be the support i need! Today i had a really really sh*tty day, and these seem to becoming more regular. Everytime I start to feel good about myself someone kicks me down! Do you guys have any motivational thought etc that i can use to keep me feeling fabulous!! (As we all deserve to feel!!!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wC4pRx2/]
[/url]
becky123

Re: Motivational support!!

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi Becky

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. err I dont find anything jumping in my mind to inspire you. Well I did think,"Just do it." Then thought, hmm that sounds familiar. :D Hey we really did think that before a famous shoe company took it over. If you look through this topic you will find lots of quotes etc. What I find most inspiring, is reading about what other people are doing. People on this site are very supportive and there is lots of information so hopefully you will be able to find what you need to help you achieve your goals. Good luck.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Freddy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:18 am

People tend to kick someone else down when they're feeling bad. Not sure why, they just do. I've caught myself lots of times doing it. This Friday I was actually doing it because I thought someone was fat. When I noticed I was doing it I apologized. Because, who are we to judge others, or even worse, to humiliate others? When you feel bad, keep it to yourself or talk about it in a way to improve it.
I've had some shitty days as well, and I tend to start thinking about meditiation again. I used to meditate a lot before I met my wife. I'm not sure if I actually ever told her I meditated, but I think I didn't. I'm a bit scared telling her, since we're both pretty religious, and not really sure what her stand is on meditation... Still, meditation works (or at least worked) for me. After a session I feel relieved from stress, and mostly I've put some puzzles together I was struggling with before the session. Somehow the brain starts working in hyperdrive to fix some problems without me even noticing.
Freddy

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Whenever I'm having a crappy day, dealing with crappy unexpected events or crappy people I just think of one thing

"I cannot control other people. I cannot control the world around me. The only thing I can control is my reaction to it all."

Somehow that helps by reminding me that no matter what happens I always have control over myself, no-one else has that right or privilege. I have an anxiety disorder so trying to alleviate stress is a health thing for me, not just a way to get through a bad day. By making note that the world around me is always going to be crazy, unfair and crappy with or without my help it removes me from the situation somewhat. By reminding me that my response is totally within my control gives me some of my power back and also helps calm me down. We don't necessarily feel rubbish because something bad happened. We feel rubbish because our reaction is to feel rubbish... if that makes sense. :D

I hope you get through this in a positive way. You do deserve to feel fabulous, and I think you've won half the battle in recognising that. Good luck! And remember we're all here for you (even the spammers :lol: ).

*hugs*
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:45 pm

I just noticed that my post is about a month too late. Damn those spammers bumping old threads up! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Inspiration