It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Top 10 Slimming Tips

A place to put inspiring pictures, quotes and stories to give us all a lift.

Moderator: Moderators

Top 10 Slimming Tips

Postby sarah 9832 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:41 am

1 – Don’t go on a diet . . . successful slimming is more likely to be achieved by subtle changes in your eating habits and lifestyle. Changes that you can live with and come to enjoy.
2 – Eat slowly and you’ll eat less . . . put your knife and fork down between mouthfuls, sip water with your meals and take smaller bites. It takes a while for your body to recognize that it’s had enough food - the slower you can eat, the less you’ll want. Don’t feel like you have to ‘clean your plate’ especially when you’re eating restaurant-sized portions.

3 – Don’t ban any foods . . . from your slimming plan – especially things you like. Enjoy a small portion from time to time. Banning foods is a sure-fire way to make you crave them.

4- Visualize how you’re going to look . . . when you reach your slimming goal. What will you are doing? How will you feel? What clothes will be in your wardrobe?

5 – Never give up . . . on a goal because of the time it’s going to take to get there – the time will pass anyway.

6 – Keep a food diary . . . preferably calorie counted. It will enable you to identify which foods/drinks you need to have a bit less of; times/circumstances when you’re likely to over-eat, and whether you’re getting a varied diet with enough fruit and vet.

7– Don’t go shopping . . . when you’re hungry – if you buy it, you’ll most likely end up eating it. Most of us hate throwing food away.

8 – Be nice to yourself . . . if you have a bad day, don’t beat yourself up. Congratulate yourself on how many good days you’ve had and realize that one bad day isn’t going to spoil it all.

9 – Get some exercise . . . successful slimmer tend to make exercise part of their plan. It doesn’t have to be hard – even 20-30 minutes of fairly brisk walking a day will pay dividends. Add two weekly sessions of resistance training (which helps you burn more calories even whilst you're asleep) and you’ll be looking great that much quicker. Every little helps – look for opportunities to be more active in your daily life.

10 – Reward yourself . . . give yourself a treat for each pound and stone you lose. New clothes make a great incentive when you’re slimming – you could put £x per pound lost into a secret stash!
sarah 9832

Re: Top 10 Slimming Tips

Postby flaminjo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:14 pm

awesome tips! loved every one of them except the last one. when i used to work hard., after a week i used to reward my self with all the junk i have missed in the week, then the whatever i used to lose in a week, used to get balanced.... :lol:

**Edited my moderator - Please do not link to commercial websites in this forum**
flaminjo

Postby tammy_louise » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:25 am

I really like your tips and will be implementing them for sure! :D
tammy_louise

Postby felcy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Love the tips. Will print it out and post it on my wall. :)
felcy

Postby Carley » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:11 pm

i love those tips
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby jasikajohnson » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:19 am

It's really a good tips to be a slim,It takes a while for your body to recognise that it’s had enough food - the slower you can eat, the less you’ll want. Don’t feel like you have to ‘clean your plate’ especially when you’re eating restaurant-sized portions,successful slimmer tend to make exercise plan,t will enable you to identify which foods,drinks you need to have a bit less of times,circumstances when you’re likely to over-eat, and whether you’re getting a varied diet with enough fruit and vet.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed
jasikajohnson

Return to Inspiration